2.8 What's the Story?

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Obi-Wan, I don't know what to do," Ellia looked up at the now graying haired man.

"You must do what feels right," Obi-Wan replied.

"I don't know what is right anymore," Ellia said, holding back the tears forming in her eyes, "I don't know what's wrong and what's right."

"Confusion is a damned thing," he muttered to her,

"I need help," Ellia said into her hands, "I need your help."

"Ellia you must focus on one thing, Vader."

Ellia looked up, "Is this a memory?"

"You tell me Ellia, do you remember?" Obi-Wan asked.

"This is when I left," Ellia said, "When I told you I don't want to be a Jedi anymore."

Obi-Wan nodded, "But you came back."

Ellia looked up at him. He was younger in the memory than when he was the last time Ellia saw him.

"I'm sorry what I put you through," Ellia said, "You didn't even need to take care of me and you did."

Obi-Wan smiled, "It was a pleasure raising and training. I died knowing I didn't fail at being a Master, you are my only apprentice that did not fail me."

"Why did you continue to train me?" Ellia asked him.

"You and Luke are the only ones that can defeat Vader. You two are his weakness," Obi-Wan said, "Now wake up and face him."

••••

Ellia was surrounded by darkness, but she recognized this making her think it was a good thing. Her eyes flickered open in the darkroom, the only light coming from a few small skylights. She was laying on a metal table, her wrist and feet bound by metal bands, causing her to panic slightly but she panicked more when she heard the heavy robotic breathing coming from the corner.

"I can hear you," Ellia said, her voice coming out hoarse.

Vader's heavy footsteps could be heard as he came face to face with Ellia, "You are awake."

Facing Vader this close was the scariest thing Ellia has done in her life, but she found a new sense of confidence. "Obi-Wan trained me my entire life for this moment, didn't think it would start like this."

"Obi-Wan trained you to be weak, as he trained me to be weak," Vader resorted.

"The only weak one here is you," Ellia said, "You turned to the Dark Side."

"The Dark Side has many advantages, new powers," Vader told her, "I can train you."

Ellia glared at the man behind the dark suit, "I rather die."

"That can be arranged," Vader told.

"You won't kill me," Ellia said to the man, "You had the chance to kill me 22 years ago but you didn't."