1.5 It's Something

CHAPTER FIVE

Luke's landspeeder, which contained Ellia, Ben, R2, and 3PO, it sped across the sand until Luke stopped at a bluff, looking over the spaceport at Mos Eisley.

"Mos Eisley spaceport," Ben said, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

"Remember when you took me here for my tenth birthday?" Ellia asked Ben with a quick side glance.

Ben sighed, "We should continue on."

Down below, the speeder was stopped by a group of stormtroopers, who looked over at the two droids and Ellia in the speeder. Mos Eisley was covered in stormtroopers. By this time, Ellia had figured that her face was on every wanted poster from each end of the galaxy.

The stormtrooper stopped the landspeeder and looked carefully at Ellia, "How long have you been in Tatooine and how long have the droids been in your possession?"

Ellia opened her mouth, but Luke cut her off, "My sister has lived here her entire life. Never left a day in her life. As for the droids, we had them for three or four seasons."

"They're for sale if you want them," Ben said, "The droids...not the girl."

"Let me see some identification," the stormtrooper said.

Luke nervously began to fumble for his ID, causing Ellia to roll her eyes, "Now look what you two did." She turned to face the stormtrooper, "You don't need to see identification."

"We don't need to see identification," the stormtrooper replied.

"We are not the ones you are looking for," Ellia told them.

"You are not the ones we are looking for," the stormtrooper replied.

"We can go about our business," Ellia said.

"You can go about your business," the stormtrooper said then turned to Luke, "Move along."

The speeder pulled up in front of the rundown cantina. Various forms of transportation were parked outside, along with strange looking creatures. A Jawa ran up and began to fondle the speeder causing C-3PO to scoff, "I can't abide these Jawas. Disgusting creatures."

Luke stepped out of the speeder and began to shoo the Jawa away, "Go on. Go on. I can't understand how we got past those troopers. I thought we were dead."

"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded," Ben said, "You find it a powerful ally."

Ellia brushed up against Luke with a smirk on her face, "Better watch out Skywalker, you have yet to learn."

••••

"Do you really think we will find a pilot here to take us to Alderaan?" Luke asked.

"The best freighter pilots are found here," Ellia told Luke, "We recruit places like this. Just be careful where you step."

Ellia followed closely behind Ben into the entrance of the cantina. The small bar like place, was practically a hole in the ground covered in scum and cheap entertainment. The walls were dark and the room was filled with smoke. The bar dominated the room, the walls had small booths on each side, offering a bit more privacy.

Ellia and Ben easily made their way to the bar, Ellia instantly began a conversation with another person a the bar. Although deep in conversation, she could feel Luke's gaze on her from the top of the entrance. He was scared to come down, he never experienced this before in his life, so many exotic creatures and languages. C-3PO and R2 made their way behind Luke, then walked down the stairs. As C-3PO followed him down, Ellia could hear a chime from the bar, causing her to look up.