1.10 Plans of Destruction

CHAPTER TEN

Ellia could describe the ride to Yavin in one world. Bumpy. Although Han, Luke, and Leia were successful of getting away from the Imperial ships, Ellia wished she could have helped.

 Yavin's fourth moon was the base for the rebel alliance. It was covered in dense jungles. The humid climate disagreed with Ellia hair, causing her to throw her hair up in a braid. 

After the battered Falcon was cleared for landing, the group was transported to the main hanger. Once the lower level of a great temple, it now held dozens of pilot starships.

Ellia was the last to exit the Falcon, trying to avoid everyone. Han, Luke, and Leia had their backs turned to her as they were talking to Commander Willard, who looked pleased to see them.

"You're safe!" Willard exclaimed happily, "We had feared the worst. When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were lost...along with your father."

"We don't have time for your sorrows Commander," Ellia said waking up to the group. Han looked back and smiled at the blonde girl. "The battle station has surely tracked us here. It's the only explanation for the ease of our escape. You must use the information in this R2 unit to plan the attack. It's our only hope."

••••

General Dodonna stood against a large screen getting ready to discuss attack plans. Leia joined a few other senators in the low ceiling room, filled with various star pilots, navigators, and R2 units. Han and Chewbacca stood in the back watching the crowd.

"Mind if I stand with you?" Ellia asked as she walked in, standing beside Han.

Han looked down at the short blonde and smirked, "Not at all sunshine."

"Thanks for getting me out of there," Ellia said referencing the Death Star.

"Not a problem," Han smiled at her, "I'm happy to help."

General Dodonna cleared his throat and began to speak, "The battle station is heavily shielded and carries firepower greater than half the star fleet. Its defenses are designed around a direct large, scale assault. A small one-man fighter should be able to penetrate the outer defense."

"Pardon me for asking sir,  but what good are snub fighters going to be against that?" Ellia spoke up from the crowd, knowing they were underestimating the power of the Death Star.

Han looked at the outspoken blonde as Dodonna answered, "Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station."

"You are underestimating the power of the space station, and Vader," Ellia said to Dodonna.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Dodonna asked Ellia getting angry at the continuous comments coming from her.

Leia opened her mouth to speak for Ellia, but she put her hand up to silence her friend. "I am Ellia Kenobi. Jedi, a survivor of Order 66, the adoptive daughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his former padawan." The crowd erupted in murmurs, and the general sent a few glances to the senators, "I also served under the House of Organa of Alderaan as a guard and helped Senator Organa in the rebel alliance. Secretly of course or you would have of known me. I'm a good friend of Princess Leia and got the R2 unit out before your plans were captured by the Empire. I later was a part of the rescue team to free her. So General, why don't you ask me that question again?"

Han looked at her amazed as the murmurs continued. General Dodonna cleared his throat to gain order, "As I was saying, The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station."

A murmur of disbelief ran through the room as a map of the Death Star appeared on the screen. "Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft id ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes." 

Ellia shook her head, "That's impossible. Even for a computer."

"It's not impossible," Luke called from his seat, causing Ellia to raise her eyebrows at the boy, "I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."

"Man your ships!" Dodonna ordered, "And may the Force be with you."

As everyone cleared the room, Dodonna walked back to Ellia who was still standing beside Han and Chewbacca.

"Why do you not want to attack the Death Star?" he asked her.

"Because it's a suicide mission," Ellia said, "You'll be lucky if you even get half of your fleet back. Trust me, Vader took everything from me. I want him dead just as much as you do."

Dodonna nodded, "We need you on the resistance to bring the Jedi Order back and keep peace in the galaxy. Why have I never heard of you?"

Ellia smirked, "You have now."