1.8 Maybe a Mistake

CHAPTER EIGHT

In their stormtrooper disguises, Han and Luke guided Chewbacca through the halls of the death star, with Ellia leading them. They tried their hardest not to be noticed but it was hard, with the large Wookie and the seemingly short stormtroopers.

Ellia stopped in front of an elevator that would take them up to the detention center, to Leia.The halls were bustling with stormtroopers and droids, but nobody seemed to take notice to the out of place stormtroopers, only a few gazes at the cuffed Wookie. Finally, an elevator arrived and they entered.

"I can't see out of this thing," Luke muttered as a Bureaucrat raced to get on the elevator. Ellia signaled him away. The pod like doors closed and the elevator took off.

They stepped forward to exit the elevator, but the door opened from behind them. The Wookie and three guards entered a gray security room with Imperial Troops and laser guards everywhere, causing Ellia to panic a bit. It was definitely the Detention Center.

"It's not going to work," Han muttered to Ellia.

"You have little faith in me, Han," Ellia shot back, "You just don't know what I'm capable of."

"You're right, I don't know anything about you at all."

A grim officer approached the group, "Where are you taking this...thing?"

Chewie growled slightly causing Han to elbow him. "Prisoner transfer from Block one-one-three-eight," Luke informed the officer.

"I wasn't notified," the officer said, "I'll have to clear it."

Suddenly Chewbacca threw his hands up freeing him off the cuffs and roared ferociously, grabbing Han's laser rifle.

"Watch out he's loose!" Ellia yelled.

"He's going to pull us apart!" Han added on.

The guards stood dumbfounded but, Ellia, Han, and Luke all had their blasters out, firing away at the laser guards, camera surrounding, and guards in the room. The officer was the last guard and going after the alarm system, but Ellia quickly shot him down.

Han rushed to the comlink which was screeching with a question. He looked at the computer screen trying to figure out which cell Leia was in,"We've got to out which cell this princess of yours is in. Here it is, cell twenty-one-eight-seven."

"Luke and I will go in for her and you stay here and keep the fort held down,"Ellia told Han before taking off into the cell corridor.

Han stayed behind, mustering up the courage to finally pick up the comlink, "Everything is under control. Situation Normal."

"What happened?" the intercom voice asked.

"Uh...has a slight weapons malfunction," Han said nervously, "But uh, everything's perfectly alright now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?"

"We're sending a squad up," the intercom voice said, not believing Han.

"Uh, uh, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak...very dangerous."

"Who is this?" the intercom voice asked, "What's your operating number?"

Han pulled his blaster out and shot the system, knowing it was futile anymore. "Boring conversation anyway," Han said before yelling down the hallway, "We're going to have company!"

Luke and Ellia stopped in front of one of the cells. Ellia had her blaster already out, blasting the door away. Once the smoke cleared Ellia saw her friend once more, exactly the same. She was sleeping but now looking at the two stormtroopers.