Two Breakups In One Day

“Alyssa?”

“Uhuh?”

“Is that Miranda?”

“Yup.”

“With Niall?”

“Pretty Sure.”

“As in Niall Horan?”

“Kinda.”

“As in innocent blonde, ex-boyfriend Niall Horan?”

“Which other one is there Chrissy?” Alyssa questioned biting her lip.

“Well there was that one from freshman year in high school. Yeah he was a bit odd. I don’t really know why I went out with him. Then again, he did buy me the best coffee. And back then coffee was the coolest thing ever...Anyways!” I shook myself out of the abundant questions I was asking and the continuous thoughts skipping through my head. “What is he doing with her?”

“If I knew, I don’t think I’d be standing here looking at the two.”

“Hey guys! Did ya hear?” Lizzie asked coming up behind Alyssa and I and putting her newly tanned and toned arms around us. Had she been working out more than usual? “Miranda and Niall are back together.”

“Umm...Liz? I don’t think we needed to be told. We saw for ourselves.” I notified, my eyes still glued to the not so lovely couple.

You’d think I’d get distracted by the fact that Zac Efron was staring at me a few feet away but surprisingly, Miranda and Niall were in the spotlight in my brain.

“Yeah, Miranda really wanted to come to the premier.” Annabelle added as she joined us, “She kind of has a girl crush on Alyssa.”

“Oh really?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Hell yes.” Belle shook her head and started mimicking Miranda, “Alyssa is SO amazing. She can act and sing and she’s a model. O-M-G Alyssa and I are like best friends. I am so tired of listening to that girl. She’s thoroughly obsessed with you Alyssa.”

“Why do I find that creepy, not flattering?” Lyssi asked.

“Because when it comes from someone like her, it is creepy.” Sana answered.

If it were any other time than this, I would’ve celebrated at the chance that after three long months of summer, I was united with my four best friends again but the squealing and hugging would have to wait for a later day.

“Since when did you start hating her?” Alyssa inquired

“Since I was coerced to share a hotel room with her for three months during the One Direction North American tour.” Sana responded.

“Yeah...about that.” Annabelle started, “Did you know that the girl needs to have five hair dryers on hand everywhere she goes? I’m not even joking. And she’s thinking of dying her hair pink. And not just the tips. The whole freakin’ head!”

“Well mission accomplished.” Lizzie pointed.

“She looks like a pink Chihuahua.”

“Or a poodle.”

“Now, now girls. Don’t be too mean.” I scolded, “She’s Niall’s girlfriend. We have to support him.”

“Just making it clear,” Lizzie mentioned, “If any of you ever decided to date a pink walrus, I would not support it.”

“Personally, I’m not planning to date a pink walrus- a.k.a Miranda- ...ever.” Sana assured

“Oh come on girls,” I reasoned, “There must be some reason he got back together with her.”