Chapter one: a night out at the bar

Doctor Who/Torchwood fanfiction #1

Role play scene one: night out at the bar

Cast:

Rose: @rosebud666

Amy:@candy9

Clara: @ScarletSpirit

Jack Harkness:@Allylenz

(Other characters were improvised by the main characters. This story originated from a role play enjoy :D )

Rose Tyler was sitting at a bar, drinking a simple martini, listening to the music play.

It had been some time since the doctor had parted with all his past companions: Jack, Rose, Amy, Rory, and Clara. He had gone traveling elsewhere.

She sighed and looked around the room. In the back, she noticed, a girl with vibrant red hair was talking to a laughing, sandy-haired young man, their hands intertwined. There was no doubt those two were a couple.

Rose smiled. She turned back to look ahead of her.

She heard someone call for an apple martini beside her, and she found herself looking at a young brunette, who was two seats away. She ignored this for the moment, and looked to her right instead, toward the wall opposite the front door, where she could see the bathroom doors. She blankly stared at the wall, sipping her drink.

The men's bathroom door swung open with speed, and out walked two men. One was a good looking young man, who looked in his late thirties. The other was a grinning Captain Jack Harkness. Their clothes were slightly ruffled, and giant smirks on their faces. They nod at each other, parting.

Rose put down her drink in a hurry, almost spitting out the rest of it from snickering.

Jack sees her and grins. "Rose!" He practically skips over to her.

She laughs and jumps up from her seat, pulling him into a hug. He patted her back, then pulled away to plant a friendly kiss on her forehead. "How are you doing, kid?"

She grinned. "I'm good, thanks. You, Jack?"

"Good! Let me buy you a drink, Rosie! We got some catching up to do!" He took a seat next to the brunette, not exactly noticing her.

She took the seat next to him. "So, you meet anyone lately, Jack?" She winked at him.

"Well, I met that one guy in the bathro-" he started to say, but was instead cut off. The girl with the red hair had gotten up to go to the bathroom herself, but had bumped into Jack instead.

"I'm sorry!" She yelped with a Scottish accent.

"Oh it's fine!" He smiled at her, barely acknowledging the incident.

Rose went back to the conversation. "So, you two hit it off, I see?"

"Oh, yeah," Jack nodded. "He had a real nice ass on him, too." He grinned at the memory.

Rose nearly choked, laughing. She noticed the brunette was containing her laughter as well.

The red-haired girl walked out of the bathroom. Jack decided to call after her. "Hey! Red!"

She turned to face him. "Mmhmm?"

He cocked his head at her. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

Before she could answer, the brunette got up out of her seat. Her hand pushed her drink off the table and all over Jack. She gasped.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry!"

"Oh, that's cold!" Jack smirked. "That's alright." He picked up napkins to wipe himself off.