Chapter 5: The Ultimatum

"Ugh, finally!" I said, slamming the door shut.

I was exhausted, grumpy and above all feeling sick. We just arrived at the small town of Hudson, the haven for old people and hobos. Me and my brothers came headed down here monthly for supplies and what not. But not this time. This time we need to gather food and head to the headquarters of the witch of a woman Susan Talli.

"Stop whining Avia, you're not the only one who's feeling like crap." Nate said annoyed.

"Yeah Nate, we know you're still on your man period." I replied laughing.

A snigger came out of Sam. He didn't talk at all during the car ride, maybe he was worried about this disease... Nevertheless my older brother was now far more happy than before. We all were...

As we approached the small store in front of us, a strange sight appeared. People of all ages were jogging in and out of the shop with scared expressions twisted onto their faces. They were pushing others and running towards their cars, carrying a ton of food and beverages. Sam grabbed my hand and motioned me and Nate to go to the back of the store.

*                                *                             *                               *                               *

"We need to make a plan, guys. It's obvious these people watched the news." Sam said seriously.

"Are you thinking we should split?" Nate asked.

"Oh no way, hosay! I don't wanna go in there alone and get beat up by those people." I pointed angrily towards the mass of humans running.

"Well you have no choice! If you want to die from starvation then be my guest. Now excuse me while I go there and try to say alive!" Sam then stomped off, leaving me and Nate alone with stunned looks.

"I don't about you, but I'm following the man." Nate followed Sam's footsteps while yelling after him.

I rolled my eyes and without a choice, I ran towards them cursing under my breath. The truth was that I was scared as hell.

*                             *                               *                                *                                   *

"Mrs. Talli, a man came her claiming he knows you and demanded to see you." The secretary's voice came out of the phone.

"What's his name?" a cold voice asked the woman.

"He says it's Joseph Erikson. Should I let him in?" she replied.

"Yes." Susan Talli gave her secretary an answer. "This should be interesting." She smiled to herself.

A few moments later, a short man with dirty black hair bustled into the roomy office of Susan Talli. He wore a hawaiian shirt which seemed too big for him while his trousers were wrapped tightly on his fat legs. He gave a look of a crazy person, until he spoke with a squeaky voice " I have a proposition to make."

Talli seemed to eyeing his clothes with a cold expression, but her eyes widened when the man said those words. "Yes?" she asked expectantly.

"Well you have surely noticed that the infection spread like wildfire and you know that it is a matter of time that things will start to get out of control." Erikson spoke slowly "And I know that you have been providing shelter for wealthy people looking for safety. Well I have an idea that will make us both lot of money and shall I say entertainment too." He finished.

Talli's eyes flashed with greed, but her face was still emotionless. " Keep talking." she ordered.

"I offer you to bring in poor people that are desperate to get in your 'safe' shelters, while you tell them you may bring them in, you let them in knowing that they can enjoy the comfort of their safety only when they're not killing infected people. So naturally all of the other wealthy people will be interested in this action. They will want to see this, and I am sure they will pay a large sum of money to make their lives fille with gruesome entertainment. I will provide the infected, while you provide the killers." The ugly man finished with a cruel smirk. He knew that the woman sitting in front of him wouldn't be able to resist an offer like this.

Talli looked up at Erikson's twisted face and when their eyes locked, she silently agreed to the monstrous scheme. And she knew perfectly well who would be their first victim.

A/N: Ulalala! This should be interesting... This may be short but I'm feeling exactly like our three heroes, I feel exhausted!!! So listen I have a proposition to make (don't worry it's not about killing zombies xD)! I will post a new chapter ( a long one! ) IF you guys gave this ATLEAST 3 VOTES and 1 COMMENT!!!! I really have been lonely without much feedback :(

Anyway yeah see you when I get 3 votes and a comment! I love you guys, even though you're all silent readers ^.^

~Mina OUT~