Mate (27)

Silvy was trying to find Bianca so she could babysit for a while…and all hands pointed towards Erin’s cabin. There, upon knocking on the door and hearing giggles, she entered the house to find it filled with girls. Pierce and her sisters, Lexy and Bianca, and some of Lexy’s friends. They were all having a little make-over party.

“Blush is better to be build up on, then trying to get it off because you put too much. Believe me.” Eliza said, while applying some on her cheeks in front of one of the many mirrors, “see how I’m doing it? You try it, actually Pierce has a color that will totally go with you.”

“Oh! I have the perfect lipstick for that. Well, lip stain? I don’t know, but the color is perfect! Let me go find it. Oh, hello Silvy!” Pierce said while coming from the kitchen with drinks for the girls, slushy-kind of drinks.

“Hi. What’s going on here?” Silvy said a little confused…

“Make overs. We are trying to bring Bianca’s inner-girly-girl to the surface. You know?” Lexy said taking a drink from Pierce. “And not drinking alcohol. Well, at least the underage ones aren’t.”

“Lexy! Okay, just a little wine, so you want some?” Pierce asked bringing the bottle, which was half-empty, and then grabbed another and a glass. “Or do you want something with ice?”

“No…wine is fine. I just needed Bianca to watch the kids while I got ready and got the food done for tonight.”

Pierce smiled with mischief. “Well, lucky for you, Eliza and Emma have well trained husbands who aside from doing chores like to watch kids can do casseroles, and I have three brothers who still act like kids: Mason, Harrison and Adrian. We’ve got you covered. We are taking the evening off for some girl time. I will have Mason pick Michael and his sister. Don’t worry. Today you relax.”

Silvy loved being a mom, but she also could use a break. She let the girls pamper her, she got her hair done, had some drinks, gossiped like crazy; mostly talked smack about some of the girls from the other packs, who Pierce didn’t know but Silvy felt she ought to know about…

“…but then again, you kinda have to expect that from girls from the Jersey packs. I mean no disrespect, but—you know.” Silvy said about someone’s friend who stole someone else’s boyfriend, then slept with someone else’s brother and sister.

“Okay,  how does this look?” Said Bianca coming out from Pierce’s room, where her small transformation seemed to be over. Finally after some hits and misses of hair and make-up, and a lot of misses from dresses—because Bianca didn’t want to look too different, just a better version of herself—she was ready. One of Pierce’s dress, because Lexy’s just wasn’t her style, made her look innocently grown up, it was a dusty pink that made her skin, eyes, and hair sparkle. She looked natural, but still made up. The perfect look for what Pierce thought could be a first date.

“My god, Bianca, you look beautiful.” Erin said coming in with a crate full of wines and other drinks for the bar—for the night’s soiree. There was a glean on his eyes, Pierce had seen that look when he had talked about his mother.

The small silence was broken by Silvy. “She looks just like—“

“I know.” Erin interrupted her thought.

Everyone turned to look at him at the same time.

“Hey look, Erin brought us refills. Well, I could use some food if I am going to wash this all down. Let’s get going ladies. Leave everything here but your glass. Everything should be set up, we need only to eat, and bring our casseroles. Chop chop.” Pierce started ushering everyone out.