Mate (2)

Pierce put two and two together, and came up with 'my parents have some explaining to do,' after another round of sobs. 

The thing was still her brother, the puppy had that same playful personality that Charlie had. He tried to pull her hair like Charlie did, and tickle her sides. 

He was too cute to be scary. So she came to terms with accepting him the way he was, but only him because he hadn't kept secrets from her yet.

And, if Charlie was a werewolf, then so were the rest of the family. Which also meant that she could be one, or she was one.

She needed to know the whole truth.

It was overly dramatic, she knew, but couldn't help herself from doing it. It was probably going to be the first, last, and only time she would get to do it.

She sat on her father's highchair on the living room, with only the tea-table's light on, and waited for everyone to arrive, her back to the door. 

She did't have a cat to pet, but furry-Charlie would have to do. The petting would most likely put him to sleep, which werewolf or not, he needed to.

She felt like the Godfather.

She could hear their merry voices closing in. It was all of them. 

"Sweetie, you both have to come down more often. You know we love to have you. All three of you. Danny, you have to let us see our grandchild more often." That was her mother. Daniel was Eliza's husband. They had just had a baby boy, Adam. Two months old. 

Pierce wondered where her nephew was. A small baby whimper answered her, he was with them.

"Victoria, I try all the time. You guys should come visit us in New York more often, specially now that we are going to have Mason. But Eliza is so picky about leaving Adam with anybody. It was a miracle that she let Old Mrs. Hobbs watch him for the night, well almost all night." Daniel's laugh was interrupted by a punch.

"He is my baby-cub. I am sorry for being over-zealous. I am just his mother." She overemphasized the last word.

By then they were all entering the den. More quiet now. 

"You don't have to try to be so quiet, I have been up for quite a while now." Pierce called to them from her chair. 

Everyone was quiet, frozen in place.

"Honey, what are you doing up so late?" Her father called up from the end of the group, cheerfully.    " In the dark in my chair?" 

" I was putting Charlie to sleep."She responded, coldly. For dramatic effect she got up slowly, with puppy-Charlie still in her arms, then went around the chair.

"Well, thank you Pierce, that was nice of you." Her mother said, carefully, itching her way towards her children. 

"He is my brother. That is the least I could do." She emerged with the puppy in her arms out if the shadows.

There were echoes of ohs and ahs, and holly shits. They were surprised to see that their baby brother was turned.

"Where did you get that puppy?" Her father asked, weary. Her mother had tears in her eyes.

"Well. I came in to Charlie's room because his moving about woke me up. Only to find him in the middle of sprouting fur all over his body. That about sums it up. Now that you are all here, I think its safe for me to leave him with you guys while I go to my room and find a way to this deal with this fucked up news. If you all excuse me, go back to being the nice, big, happy family full of... I am sorry, I don't quite know the right political term for what you all are. Please don't come in because my bow is loaded." By the end of her spiel, she was on the verge of tears.