New Friends

I woke, quietly stretching my stiff limbs only to crash face flat onto the cold floor. I laid there a while examining the room I had yet to grow accustom to.

The door opened with its usual thud and in walked Aaron. His black shirt replaced with a white T-shirt that did little to hide his physic.

The material practically strained to remain around his strong arms . The end of the jersey falling just above the v of his waist , a v I felt myself hunger to explore.

Behind him stood Snipe, his brows furrowed, his eyes looking at me with pure confusion. He took a step in my direction but though better of it observing the seething look Aron was giving him.

Aron made his way to me his smooth leather shoe stopping just before my shoulder.

It reminded me of the many kicks I received in this position and i didn't know if he was going to help me up or hurt me and I hoped it wouldn't be the lather.

What I never expected, however, was for him to place his hand behind my knees and against my back lifting me with such gentleness from the ground.

His face was so close to mine and I could smell his strong cigar breath against my face. His sweet scent had invaded my nostril sending my brain in a frenzy.

He cleared his throat placing me on the bed I had fallen so graciously from not so long ago. the strange feeling i had in my gut had me looking away from his seeking eyes and beautiful face.

I hadn't realized how interesting the plains of the tiles were until I had a Greek God staring intensively at me.

It was something about the way they fitted perfectly together like matching pieces of a puzzle.

Though cracked and damaged the remained, fighting the harshness of the world. Failing to disseminate even in their worn state. Like myself some lay damaged because they had endured many troubling times and I could only being to imagine the things they must have seen.

So caught up in my task to ignore the man before me I had missed the words that must have fallen from between his beautiful lips.

I missed the amused look he shot in my direction and the slight upward tilt of his lip as his eyes followed my intense scrutiny of the plain tiles.

A slight poke to my upper arm had me pouncing to other side of the bed. Startled my eyes were wide and observing trying to locate the danger.

There was no exchange of air or the constant beat of my heart against my chest as it pumped. I was still, frozen on point with a loud pulsing in my ear.

Snipe glared at Aron as he held his had up in surrender. ''I was just trying to get your attention," he said briskly.

"Are you ok ? "He asked slightly worried about my reaction.

I gave a gentle nod and let out the breath I was holding. It was silent for a while then he spoke again," did he hurt you?"

My mind instantly thought of all the 'he's' he could have meant; Chase , Trevor, Max, the bear, the guy that shot me , the guy that killed my babies.

One just couldn't simply say 'he' there were way too many 'he's' in the tragedy that is my life that one would be unsure which one was being referenced to.

Aron must have seen my look of confusion and he asked again using Imagery.

"Did he hurt you earlier," he asked pointing over his shoulder.

Snipe?

Why would he think such a thing?

Was he suppose to?