{25} We Could Try Melting It Down?

Picture up there is all I could find on the golden maidens. I'm imagining the hair on each one different, so like the main one has chin length hair, the second one has hair that's so huge and beautiful like Amandla Stenberg, and the pic up there is the third one ja feel. ALSO I'm picturing things like cogs or ball bearings at the knees and elbows. I tried to describe them as best I could last chapter but I felt like I needed to reiterate it.

We're nearly getting to the end! Please comment, I'll love you forever and ever.

Read on!

***

To be completely honest, the guns didn't do much.

I managed to get a few decent shots in, but there was absolutely no way that the bullets would do any kind of fatal damage to the golden bitches.

The problem was that they could recover from shock extremely quickly, and would instantly jump to neutralise the threat. They also learned to dodge the bullets so they wouldn't even get wounded, pulling matrix-like stunts just so they wouldn't get hit by the only thing that could actually do damage to them.

"Cassie! I have an idea! You guys can take them right?"

"NO!" I shouted, as Garth appeared on my left and Nico on the right.

My father, with an adrenaline fuelled smirk, told Hephaestus to go with Leo, and then turned to the automatons.

I had a bad feeling about that grin, recognising it from when I'm about to do something stupid but am enjoying every minute of it. That grin was mine through and through. Huh, good to know where I get that from.

"You three bitches are piss-weak, I thought you learned from fighting? Or did you just make that up?" He taunted.

Falling for it, their lips curled and they all glared at him but didn't move from their formation. I stood there mentally saying 'well it was nice meeting you' to Garth when he elbowed me in the side.

I nearly turned to glare at him but then got the hint, "Umm- yeah! Also just letting you know. Those dresses are so old fashioned I can't believe you're wearing them at all. Also they kind of make you look fat." I appraised the dresses judgmentally; the statement was false, but hopefully they'd get offended?

What? It was the best I could do! I am a kid of Aphrodite under all this, sometimes it really does come down to how vain your opponent is.

Nico glanced at me as if to say 'you're bat shit insane' but didn't say anything.

And by some miracle, as if the gods themselves had finally blessed me with good luck -very unlikely- their gold eyes slowly began to smoulder with the heat of infuriated glares, all directed at us.

"Good job!" Leo shouted before he and his Dad disappeared suddenly, leaving the three of us to fight off the now three extremely angry. More like act as the distraction for them. Urgh.

In a last ditch effort I lifted my shield, hoping that just to spite the gods that it would work on them and I could cut her down easily.

No such luck, all the automaton did was assess the shield, then lift an amused gaze up to me. "Foolish girl," The automaton smirked, its teeth catching the angry red glow of the lava, "Did you think your weak excuse for magic would work on us?" Her laughter grated on my ears. She was too fast, and it was all I could do to raise my shield again to guard against her sharpened nails as they swiped for my face.

They cut jagged swaths clean through the magical surface of my shield, and I cried out as the shield was wrenched from my arm, dropping to the ground with broken magic and damaged surface. I took a brief moment to mourn my shield before lunging at the automaton with my sword in my left hand and gun in the other.