Act IV: The End of Aimlessness

For centuries, the lands south of the Sacred North had been home to mankind. Centuries before they became squabbling city-states and smaller king-ships, they were tribes and families of roaming hunter gatherers, till such a time they could settle in one place. When they entered statehood, they spent their time squabbling over seemingly shallow quarrels, land disputes, dishonor amongst friends, stolen wives. One king, who became known as the First Chimera, saw fit to unite the lands of men under a single banner. Many had tried before him, but none had suceeded in bring all under their sway.

Some called the Chimera a King of Conquerors, others called him the Father of Mundara. In many respects, both were accurate statements. The First Chimera marched from one shore to the next, conquering as he went. When he reached the end of his life, he had taken control of the whole west, and all that remained in the east was a concentrated league of states that refused what came to be called, the Blood March.

After his death, the crown passed to the Second Chimera, who swore to take up his father's sword and carry out his life's dream. A decade passed before the Second Chimera put down his sword. He had claimed the peninsula known as the Talon, he had been thwarted further south reaching a land well settled by the Elves, but he had become satisfied with his accomplishment.

He renamed the Empire, after his wife, Mundara. The Mundaran Empire was the largest empire to cover the largest of the three continents. Only the Elven Imperium rivaled it's size, but during the Second's reig, he never raised his sword as a conqueror after putting it down the first time. The Empire saw peace. It grew and flourished, creating a diverse spread of cultrue across it's vast territory.

Four generations passed before the great Empire saw hard bloodshed again. During the reign of the Sixth Chimera, They took the archipelago called the Storm Reach, south of the Imperium, then lost it a year later in a bloody sea borne rebellion. A large chunk of land was lost in the south west. Many of the Were-wolf clans joined together to claim the territory for themselves. During a campaign to reclaim the territory, the Sixth lost his life. A peace was brokered between the Wolves and the Seventh Chimera, but the decisive loss echoed through history.

The Seventh Chimera was nicknamed, the Dragon of War. He led multiple campaigns during his rule. It was on his orders that the Green Wold be set to the torch in the bloody Breath of the Dragon campaign. The Green Wold was renamed the Barren Wold in his honor. A campaign was led to reclaim the Storm Reach, but it ended just like the last attempt. Even the Riokuvin country far to the south and the Imperium was not safe from the Dragon's wrath and lust for conquest. It was said he was captured somewhere in the Imperium. One way or another, the Dragon was executed on the shores looking towards the coast of his own country.

The Eighth and Ninth Chimera suffered from their predecessor's actions. Humans were not looked at with kind eyes the world over. They spent their lives trying to rebuild trust with other nations, to little, but worth while success. By the time the Ninth was nearing the his end and his son, the Tenth Chimera prepared to take the throne and continue his father's work, The Imperium and the Riokuvin, along with the now nomadic people of the Barren Wold had either grown indifferent to the Mundaran Empire, or had treaties of peace and trade.

What plagued the Empire then was the seemingly ceaseless internal rebellions that sprung up from year to year. Delusional and rebellious men and women, glorifying their blood soaked history. The Tenth Chimera ruled for five years before he was assassinated in his gardens.

The Mundaran Empire yet stood for another three hundred years, until the Fifteenth Chimera laid on his death bed. He was tasked with an impossible choice., for he had two sons, both twins, both entered the world at the same time. His love for his sons was so great, he could not divide them by a choice of who would take his place. Instead, the Fifteenth Chimera decreed that both his sons would rule there own equal sections of the Empire, thus began the rule of two.