Two

I swallowed. Once. Twice. But it didn't work. I felt numbed. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The clock was getting on my nerves.

You have to think Ela. What are you suppose to do in this kind of situations?

Why am I lying to myself?

Nothing popped up. I was completely lost. At words. At ideas. I was stuck with him. I knew it. But more frustrating, he knew it too.

In addition to my tremendous situation my head started to protest. It was like someone poked me with a bunch of needles.

'Hey.' I heard him say. I stubbornly looked the other way. My breath caught when he touched my chin. He forced me with his lightest touch to look at him. 'Go to sleep. Like I said earlier, you're not going anywhere until you're fully recovered.'
I gave him a weak smile. 'I thought you didn't like to repeat yourself?' I said.

I must have been my misinterpretation because I saw a glint of amusement in his stormy eyes. 'I don't.' His simple reply was.

He gave me a glass of water and a roundly shaped white pill. I took the water and -what I assumed- was a painkiller. In a matter of seconds my vision started to blur. You son of a bachelor! And yet again I was swallowed in the debts of darkness.

He drugged me! How on earth did I let that happen. I cringed at the thought of how my father would've reacted. Not good. Definitely.

I looked at my surroundings. I was in his bed. Again. I felt vulnerable and angry. Mostly angry. No. I was fuming when I left the massive room. 'Look what the cat dragged in.' Obviously he was sarcastic. But his expression was blank. 'I'm glad I didn't overdose. That would be... Wasteful.'

My eyes grew big. Wasteful?! Did he just? I lost it. 'You have some nerve, mister! How dare you say such thing to me! In less than twenty hours you've hit me with your tricycle with caused a contusion and bruises all over my body, kept me against my will and drugged me!'

His eyes bored into me. Without emotion. Just empty. He wasn't angry or irritated. His eyes stared back at me. Just stared. I saw nothing. It felt like an eternity passed when the man finally decided to speak. 'You could barely keep your eyelids open. Let alone devise an escape plan. I did you a favor by speeding up the process.' Just like that. He dismissed his cruel actions. Like one flick of his fingers.

'Enough of this gibberish. We have matters to be discussed, little one. Come.' He stood up and walked away before I could think of a reply. A couple of minutes I stayed in my spot. I sighed. I needed to know more to win this.

The smell of pancakes filled my nostrils. 'You made pancakes?' I was astonished. He didn't reply. My eyes followed his movements. He flipped a pancake with ease. 'Do you prefer something else or are you just stating the obvious.' This man was truly something. Was I really going to eat? The strange man acted like he knew me for years. Was I going to trust him? No. No one can be trusted. I learned that the hard way.

My poor stomach protested. I needed the energy so I made the decision to sat down and eat. The pancakes were delicious. It was a long time ago since I had ate something sweet.  I found it strangely nice.

I was completely oblivious that he was watching me. When I looked up his intense gaze was on me. I quickly swallowed the last bit of the deliciousness. 'What do you want?' It was pointless to deny the fact, that he wanted something from me. Or worse. Of me.

'I have a proposition. Work for me. Twelve months to be exactly. If you agree to do so. I will forget the money you owe me.' He was dead serious.

'You say it like I have a choice.'

He got up. 'That is simply because, you have.' His phone rang. And he walked away.

I didn't think. I didn't breath. I didn't do a thing. 'You can go now.'
I looked up. His ruthless eyes didn't hold any emotion. Pure business.

'What?'

'We discussed everything that needed to be discussed. For now I don't find your presence useful. Unless you want to stay of course.' I didn't miss the smirk on his face.

I was at the door when he stopped me. I didn't turn around. 'I'm intrigued you didn't know me.'
I waited and decided.

'Unfortunately I do.'