Chapter 8: The big day..or maybe not.

Finnick's Pov:

Its so strange to be this nervous. I mean, its not my wedding day. I have no reason to be nervous. But I am. Not just because I am the Best Man to my best friend/cousin's wedding, but also because I'm worried that Peeta won't make it home before the bells rings. I haven't heard one word from him since he went on the train. I'm pacing back and forth in the livingroom, trying to think positivt, but its no use. My mind is filled up with terrible and horrifying thoughts about Peeta laying dead somewhere, killed by Capitol criminals, or maybe something even worse than that.

Luckily my wife, Annie, is impatiently standing in the doorway between the kitchen and the livingroom, wearing a gorgeous red tight dress and with a worried expression placed on her beautiful face. I guess she has gotten tired of seeing me this stressed out, because she walks up to me and grabs my arm, provinding me from moving any further. She place her small hands on each side if my head and gives my lips a quick but loving peak. When she breaks away, my lips has formed into a smile and hers mirrors it as she lets go of my head. She then grabs my gray and black striped tie and undo before redo it. She look lovingly into my green eyes while I do the same with her.

"Honey, you seem more stressed out about this, then you did to our wedding." Annie say sweetly. I completely agree with her and that's the scaring part. I am more stressed than our wedding day, but the truth is, I didn't had to do anything that day, other than remembering to say I do at the right time and not breaking into tears of happiness when Annie walked down the aisle. But now, I have to make sure that the flowers in Dellys bridal bouquet is in fact her favorite. To have Peeta's dress codes ironed and polished before the big day, to calm Peeta down everytime he feel the need to run away, and of course the most important, to make sure that Peeta actually shows up. But the list goes on and on and on. Annie clearly sees my discomfort by the thought of all of this, so she kiss me again. After some minutes, we hear a "Eww" coming from behind Annie. We both break away and as we do our son, Finnick Jr, toddles over to us, dressed in a mini tuxedo with his cute innocent 4 year old smile on his adorable face. I bend down and pick him up as he squeal with laugher.

"Daaadd! Put me dowwnn!" He screams while laughing hard. I chuckles at him and sits him down on the ground again. My hand lightly ruffles his bronze coloured hair, almost identical with mine, before I give Annie a sweet kiss on the cheek and walk to the door. I take my keys and we exchange a few I love you's and see you later, they are driving directly to the cermony, and then I'm out of the door. Peeta will arrive to District 12 in 10 minutes, so I'm going to get him from the train station before driving to the cermony at out local church. I get inside my pitch black SUV, turn the engine on and drives off to the station. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something isn't right.

I get lost in thought while driving slowly and safe on the busy road of District 12, when one of my absolutely favorite songs plays on the radio.

"Staring at two different views on your window ledge
Coffee has gone cold, it's like time froze
There you go wishing, floating down our wishing well
It's like I'm always causing problems, causing hell
I didn't mean to put you through this, I can tell
We're gonna sweep this under the carpet

I hope that I can turn back the time
To make it all alright, all alright for us
I'll promise to build a new world for us two
With you in the middle"

A smile appears on my face and I begin noding my head to the rhyme of the music. I turn it up louder and the beat pumps through the speakers in the car door. It makes me feel like when I was younger, I'm only 23 so I'm still young, and Peeta, Gale and I would hear loud music till our ears almost fall off no matter where we were heading. We still do in special ocations but most of the time, I have Jr with me or Gale have a bad headache from the night before. Ohh, how I miss the good old days sometimes. The days where we had no worries, no wifes or girlfriends to tell us to stay home from all the wild parties. No children you have to take into account if you want to stay up all night because they must have their 11 hours of sleep, otherwise there will be chaos throughout the entire next day. Not that I would swap my son for anything here in the world. Or my wife for that matter.