Chapter 7

Sofia's POV

I woke up to the sound on my IPod's alarm. I've always hated that alarm. The sound just simply hurts my head. I sat up in my crappy little bed and snatched my device to check the time. 7. I stood up carefully remembering my previous experience with my stupid feet. Realization hit.

7?! I need to leave by 7:10!

In shock, I just stood in the area right in front of my bed. Where most normal people would put their fluffy slippers that they needed oh so badly. I hustled to my closet, a sharp turn to the left, and quickly picked my outfit for the day. I didn't have time to care what I looked like. Especially for some of the people in school...

After getting my outfit on, I brush my hair, brushed my teeth, and went to ask my mother to give me a ride to school. I just hope she forget about yesturday. Jeez.

"Ma! Could you give me a ride to school?" I blared out.

"Hhhhmmm..." My hungover mother moaned. "Surrrreee"

She forgot. Yes. All I need to do is forget.

She strolled out of her bedroom and put on some sunglasses. Well why wouldn't she.. I stomped out the front door making sure to point out where I was going. Knowing her, she'll forget within seconds of asking. Typical. She slowly trudged out the door and into the car. Where I was. Still just in the passenger seat. I can not wait until I can drive. I put the keys I had taken from the counter in the ignition and turned them. I know this isn't very safe with my mom driving half asleep, but how else am I going to get to school?

"Go on" I whispered to myself.

*15 minutes later*

My mother drove into parking lot and to the drop off section. I glanced in the schools direction and saw half of a handsome boys face. Still empty minded from my usual drive to school, I didn't think anything of it. Second moment of realization. Connor. I didn't text him back. He told me this would happen. Well, sort of. He was afraid it would happen. It did. Oops.

"Heeellloo?"

Startled, my mom pushed me in the shoulder with the palm of her hand.

"Pleaaassee. Just get out."

Well at least she said please.

I, for some reason, got out of the car very cautiously. I didn't want to attract attention. You know, like always.

I walked through the gates and tried to hide behind another student, looking like an idiot. I snuck passed Connor (since when would I do that?) and silently sighed. Victory. I pointed myself toward one of the trees in the back of the courtyard. I grabbed the straps of what I thought was a pretty stylish backpack and set to it. Just before someone grabbed my shoulder.

I just about squeaked.

"Hey.. Sofia?"

Connor. Dang.

I stopped mid step and decided how to answer the question. Well how else can I answer? With the square root of pi? I slowly turned around.

"Yeahh..."

"It was you that I was text--"

He just stopped. I awkwardly looked around like someone was going to swoop in and save me.

"Yeah..."

Said it even quieter than the first time.

"Texting. I was texting you right?"

I froze. I can't lie about it. Well I guess I could but I suck at lying. I looked at the dirty sidewalk.

"Yeah. Sorry I didn't answer." I said in my little shy voice.

"No no no! It's fine. I just wanted to make sure you're okay. You look good now. I mean you look fine. I mean you look like you're physically okay."

He's nervous. Everybody in a 2 mile radius could've seen it.

"Well thanks. I'm fine.."

"I wanted to ask you something." Connor blurted that one out.

My eyes got huge. Why would the almighty jock, Connor Franta, want to ask me, a background girl, a question?

"Hm." I suddenly let out.

"Would you..." He looked down. I couldn't see his big green eyes anymore. My heart dropped a little. I never realized I would have noticed that.

A pause.

"Nevermind."

Nevermind?! Gosh man. He has to tell me now.

Letting out every shy nerve in my body, I softly said, "Well now you have to tell me." I slightly smiled. His eyes happen to lighten up when I did.

He giggled. "Fine. Sofia Fine."

He twirled his fingers. Looking down at my regular figure, he softly whispered, "Do you li--like camping?"

Camping? Camping. Of course I do. I have a small family and I'm poor. Sometimes I have no choice but to go camping. Horrible I know.

"Of course..."

His confidence seemed to go up 100%.

"Really?! Do you want to go with me this weekend?!"

Me?! The shy girl from the back of the class? Who nobody knows? Always picked last? Nobody likes her? Why me?

"It is the last week of school next week. We could call it a celebration. It would be with my family."

Everything yet nothing went through my mind. What was I supposed to say? I can't say no. But in some ways it's going to be all kinds of awkward. Why would I even think no in the first place. This is every schoolgirl's dream. To go somewhere with Connor Franta. Somewhere inside of my locked heart, I'm stoked

With no choice I agreed with a small, sure.

* * *

The rest of the day was just endless for me. It was a Friday, Connor asked me to go camping with him, and well, that's it. That's about as exciting as it's going to get. 6th hour finally ended and I went to get on my bus. Backpack slumped over my shoulder, Bubby stopped me. That one girl that I saw at the lockers. A strange feeling of hate went across me.

"Heyy! What did Con say to you today?" She said a bit too peppy.

Con? Does she mean Connor? And I feel like she's constantly trying out for the pep squad. She needs to quit that.

"Nothing really."

I happened to be right in the middle of the sidewalk on the way to the bus ramp so everybody was bumping into us. We were the rock in a stampede. I started walking to get out of the crowd when Bubby stopped me again. Honestly, part of the reason was to get away from her. She grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"I saw you two. What did he say?"

This time was a bit more serious.

Just about terrified, I answered. Let's see if we can pull off a small white lie.

"He asked me if I could help with homework. Obviously, I agreed. Just wanted to help out a fellow student."

Bubby squinted straight into my soul. My lie seemed to fool her.

"I heard about your hand. Looks pretty good to me."

She glanced down at my what used to be burnt hand. I did the same. It healed slowly but surely. It's fine now.

"Thanks."

I turned towards the bus ramp and kept walking like I should have normally. My world is flipping up-side-down. Why? Everybody is seeming to notice me. Huh.

I got on my bus and went straight for the back. I situated myself and prepared for a long ride home.

* * *

I walked in my front door as my IPod, which happen to be in my back pocket, did it's notification jingle. Quickly setting my stuff down, I pulled the device out of my pocket and took a look.

Of course. It's Connor. Right when I get home. I check out the window. That's just creepy. Why? He's never even looked at me before. Now he texts me daily?

It read, "is it okay if I pick you up at 10 tomorrow morning?"

I unlocked my IPod and simply replied, "Sure. Sounds great. Thanks."

I threw my device on the couch and went to the kitchen. Right when my left foot went numb. Again. I easily noticed and carefully dragged myself to the side of the counter and leaned on it. I don't think I can make it to the couch. Worriedly, I don't move.

Maybe I should get this checked.

We don't have any money for that though. And my mother would hate me for being a wimp.

I let it wear off after a couple minutes and safely started hobbling on my feet again. I grabbed my IPod and went straight for my bed. Forgetting about homework, food, everything, I jumped and turned to see if I could fall asleep early.

I thought what I would need for the camping trip. I thought why everything had happened in the past week. I thought about where we would be going to camp. But mostly I thought of Connor. His personality, features, and his hospitality. I just loved that boy. And now everything is coming true. Sort of. Not so quickly. I don't even know what's going to happen tomorrow. I turned again in my cardboard-like bed to find myself dozing off...

************************

Thank you so much readers. This is the first time I've updated in forever and I feels pretty good. I realized how many of you love this story. It makes my heart melt. Thanks.(: Sorry for not updating very well. I just feel like I have no time. Don't worry. It drives me insane. I'll try to update more often. Thanks. :D

Three things. Happy birthday o2l! Friend made cookies for me. :D Next, I can't believe that I almost have 20,000 reads on the first part! Amazing! I love you guys. Can we get there? Thanks.(: And follow me on Twitter. Would mean the world to me. Love you. Again, thanks!
@ConnorsLordT