Chapter 5

Oh. My gosh. I have over 230 reads on the first part. *fangirls* Thank. You. So. Much. I know it doesn't mean much but... Oh my goodness. Holy Connor Franta. Cause Mr. Franta is holy. Well anyway, enjoy. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of the 'sanitary' paper echoed throughout the room. This stuff is quieter than usual. I noticed that my breathing was faster than it usually was. I was panting.

My eyes slowly shifted around the milky white ceiling. I closed my exhasted eyes.

    "You kay?"

I shot up like a gun. Connor was staring at me straight into my eyes. I exhaled. I froze up. It's like my heart wanted me to say something but my head wouldn't allow me to. I hope he didn't think me to be rude. Or to think he doesn't like me. Or the way I look. Or my stubby little nails. Or my fat feet. My feet? My feet. They started to feel fuzzy. Like... falling asleep sort of. More like turning numb. I decided to ignore it. 

Just lay back down Sofie. That should help. Hopefully. I could tell Connor was focusing on my every move. This is so weird. I relaxed my head once more.

Crap. My hand. 

I lifted my injured hand so it was just above my relaxing head. My heart skipped a beat like it did the first time I saw the burn. Digustingly bubbly. It gave me the shivers looking at it. Not to mention that it still hurt. Bad. I'm just slowly getting used to it. Blocking out the pain.

    "Connor. You can go now." The nurse. I totally forgot she was in here. She must have been in the corner where I can't see. Signing me in probably.

    "Please. Let me stay."

Why would he want to stay? I'm just the shy chick from the corner of the room. 

    "I insist. Go to class now."

Snappy isn't she? I shifted my head to hear Connor's response. Nothing. I looked in his direction. He was pissed. Breaking his statue form, he walked through the doorway towards the staff door. How did I get in here anyway? All I remember is my daydream. And then falling. Now I'm here. Since I couldn't have walked here, someone had to have carried me. Crap. I hope it wasn't Mr. Bullard. That. Would have been awkward. What about Connor? Even more awkward. I exhaled through my nose like a dragon. It's really dumb when I do that. Back on subject. Connor must have carried me. Not that I mind but... shoot. 

    "So. How are you feeling?" The nurse asked after closing the door.

I simply just stared in her direction. I didn't know her. She didn't know me. Therefore I wasn't going to say anything. Going into stubborn mode.

    "You know if you don't talk to me then I can't help you."

    "I want to go home."

    "I can't just send you home. I want to make sure you didn't fake anything. You'd be surprised how many people do."

    "Does this look fake to you?!" I pretty much yelled snapping up my injured hand. Oh gosh. Too fast. My head flew back in agony. My hand burned like it did in the first place. The nurse instantly grabbing my hand after she saw that I was in pain. 

    "Oh my. Let's see if we can treat that." 

    "Don't even think about touching it." Being as rude as I could, I gave her my best death glare. Anything to get me home. To just go to my simple bed. 

Just as she was about to walk back to the counter to get something to help, I slipped my hand back into my pocket. She isn't doing anything to me. Still laying on my back, I started to wiggle my toes. At least I thought I was. I looked down to my simple black Converse. The top of them were slightly moving. Not much but moving. I wonder... The nurse looked at me with frustration in her eyes. I glared back.