14

It's been a full two weeks since my parents have passed away. Connor has been with me the whole time. We haven't shown up for school, or really done anything but packed our parented stuff up. "I am moving back here. You can't stay here all alone, and plus I miss you a lot." Connor says randomly as we tape up the final boxes. "You don't have to Connor, really, I will be fine. You can't just leave the o2l house." I say looking over at my older brother. Connor just lets out a long, loud, unnecessary sigh. He doesn't argue back with me. I can tell he is tired, hell I am tired also.

After a few hours I decide that I should have some fun with Connor to bring up our spirits. I go to Connors door and before I knock on the door I hear him on the phone. "No. I don't care, okay? I have to move into my old house because my sis.. I mean cousin needs me. I know thanks Bro. Yeah I will see you on tomorrow at school." Then the phone call ends. I knock on the door very gently so I don't startle Con. Connor opens the door and looks at me with sad eyes. I don't say anything I just pull him into a hug. Connor hugs me back and starts to sob onto my shoulder. "Why did it have to be them? Why?" He sobs. I just rub his back and let him cry it out. Sometimes even though crying to some people shows weakness it actually shows strength, and for him to hold it all in for this long.. Well it proves my brother is the strongest person I know.
Before I could actually say something to Con there is a knock on the door. I pull away from Connor to go and open the door. Once I make it to the door, I slowly open it and my heart stops.