12

Connor looks at me with wide eyes and a smile on his face.
"You forgive me?" He whispers. I nod my head and I hug him in the first time in a long time.
"I promise I will not screw this up I swear!" Connor yells smiling like a idiot.

I pace around our living room back and fourth. Mom and dad were supposed to be here by now! What if something happened to the plane or maybe they just missed there flight.
"Renée please just calm down okay? The plane must just be delayed." Connor says placing his right hand gently on my shoulder. I look into his matching blue eyes as mine and nod my head. Connor is right, it is winter time in Minnesota, and the snow there gets bad in the winter time.
"Okay." I finally say sitting on the couch to turn on my favorite movie
Hocus Pocus. I know it's not Halloween time but it is still my favorite movie.

A knock on the door wakes me up. I look to see I am on the couch and the tv is off. I check the time to see it is 11 at night.
"Connor?" I whisper around. It is way to dark for my likings. There is a storm out side the thunder is loud and some lighting flashing. The door gets knocked on louder causing me to scream.
"Connor!" I yell getting scared. The lights I see for the hallways and upstairs all go out right away causing me to scream. Someone touches my shoulder and I scream but look over to see Connor with a flashlight.
"Renée calm down its me. Okay it's me." He whispers. I hug him tightly and the doorbell rings. We slowly walk to the door. Connor opens the door quickly to reveal two police officers.
"May we help you?" Connor asks. I squint my eyes from the officers flash lights.
"Are you the children of Mr and Mrs Franta?"
"Y-yeah."
"Can we come on in?"