Chapter 16: Faith, Love, and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust

It was June now, and Emily was standing in her bikini with a tye dye t shirt and plain jean shorts over it. She stood on the beach, looking at the water. 

"Emily? Are you ready?" She looked back at the 55 year old man behind her. She nodded and smiled, slowly wading into the water. The man was right behind her, and slowly wading in behind her. She walked in until she hit about waist deep water, which was a little under waist deep for him. Brooke and Vinny were standing where the water only hit them at about mid shin. The boys weren't here, but they all needed to be recording back in the UK, but the 5SOS guys were here in the states recording at Ho Hey Records. 

"I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Emily's pastor says as she dunks her completely in the water. She took a deep breath as she came back up, breaking the surface of the water yet again. 

"Woooo!" Vinny and Brooke cheer from the shallow portion of the water, and Emily couldn't help but start smiling. 

 Her hair, which was about down to her waist, weighed her down as she climbed out of the water. She slowly waded back to the shore, smiling the entire way. The second she reaches them, she knocks them over, splashing water over all of them.

"This is our last summer together." Emily says, as the realization fully hits her. She feels tears start rolling down her cheeks as she looks at her close friends, realizing truly that she was the person she wanted to be. She had amazing friends, an amazing crush, and an amazing college to go to. She was set, so why did it feel all wrong to her? Why did everything she do feel so wrong recently? 

"Hey, it's ok." Vinny says, wiping away some of the tears rolling down Emily's cheeks. "We always have holidays. Every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and every summer we can see each other and catch up." Vinny says, now catching her own tears. She smiles through it, wanting to make the best of the rest of the summer that they have.

"I just can't believe it's ending in a couple months." Brooke says, now fully hitting her as well. She held herself together though. She knew it wouldn't be best for them all to look hysterical in front of the pastor who was now passing by them, on his way up the beach.

Emily heard her phone going off on the beach. They all made the trek up the enormous hill that was the entirety of the beach which was no easy task. They took about five minutes completely missing whoever was calling at that point, but just in time to hear another call coming in. Her ringtone blaring, so that the entire beach could hear it. That is if anyone else was there. 

Brooke grabbed it and answered it for her, because Emily was still crying. She was being dramatic, and she knew it, but she also knew that she had a lot of crap to account for besides just being left behind, and everyone moving on, but that's how they all felt.

"Hello?" Brooke asks, not bothering to check who the caller was. 

"Brooke? It's Luke." 

"Oh hey." Brooke says awkwardly. 

"Where are you guys?" 

"Currently in Kansas, but as of tomorrow who knows where the road will take us." Brooke says, mentioning the roadtrip they were taking across half the country towards New York City. 

"Why what's happening tomorrow?" Luke asks, curiously. Peaking the interest of several of the other boys in the room.

"Roadtrip. Making the most of the last summer we have all together before college." Brooke says, smiling at the other two girls who were still tearing up a bit, but had wide grins on their face. 

 "Your album is the soundtrack, Hemmings." Emily yells, laughing as she wipes away a few final tears. Luke let out a smile and the rest of the boys started making fun of him for it. "Tell Hood, Irwin, and Clifford we said hello." Emily says, smiling along with the other two girls.

"From here to New York, just in time for the concert of the century featuring the one, the only, All Time Low!" Vinny says, cheering.

"We coincidentally have tickets to the same show, and we happen to have extra backstage passes." Luke says, clearly a smirk on his face even though they couldn't see him.

"Are you kidding me, Hemmings? Always having to one up me." Emily laughed.

"Well, I have some connections with the band, and officially it's an unofficial meet and greet with you and the band." Luke smiled as Emily let out a squeal. She told the girls the news and they were right there along with her.

"Are you trying to get me to kiss you, Hemmings? Because you're doing a damn fine job of it." Emily screams, jumping up and down. Vinny and Brooke were right there with her, making sure that she wasn't alone. Luke was blushing as she made her first remarks, and the boys could hear what he said, causing Calum to start making kissy noises, Michael to turn around and a fake a makeout, and Ashton to start laughing his head off.

"WE ARE MEETING ALL TIME LOW. FRICKING ALL. TIME. LOW." Emily screams, Luke flinching away from the phone.

"Only one of the best bands of all time." Courtney yells. Emily keeps beaming away, and Courtney takes the phone from her.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, You are the most amazing person I have ever met. You rock. Can't wait to see you in New York! Now we have to go, and pack." Courtney raddles off quickly before yelling bye into the phone.

"Tomorrow we're heading for New York, next thing you know, we'll be taking on the world." Emily smiles, looking at the horizon, ready for the challenge.