Chapter 4: Numbers

Emily looked out of the window one particular song blasting through her earbuds over and over again. Brooke and Vinny were sitting next to her talking away, knowing not to disturb her while she was like this. Emily hums along with her current favorite song, For Baltimore by All Time Low. 

"Mayday situation over load. I'm restless obsessed with your future." Emily sings, suddenly hearing someone singing along. She turns around and smiles as she sings, a random guy she didn't recognize singing along. 

"Who's the hottie?" Vinny asks Emily when she turns back around, still smiling. She looked back at the guy with blonde hair, a bar in his ear, and a pair of hipster glasses on. He had on a beanie, and about three piercings in his lip. 

"I don't know, but he likes All Time Low." Emily smiles, jamming along with Get on Your Knees and Tell  Me You Love Me. 

"He's really hot." Vinny winks and nudges my shoulder. 

"He is, isn't he?" Emily whispers to her, blushing. 

"You should go talk to him." Vinny points back and tells her to get up. She walked back on the double decker bus and sits down by the boy who was all alone, looking almost unapproachable, but it was a foreign country, so Emily had nothing to lose. 

"Hi." She said quietly, tucking her light brown hair behind her ear. 

"Hey." The boy replied not bothering to continue a conversation. 

"What are you listening to?" Emily asked, losing her nerve by the second. 

"Black Veil Bride." He says nonchalantly. 

"I like them." Emily smiles at him, a little bit of confidence returning to her. 

"What have you heard by them?" He says, seemingly doubting that she has ever actually heard them. 

"Oh." She says trying to recall, while Vinny and Brooke stare at her, waiting to see whether she gets his number or not. She quickly pulls out her phone. "Keep in mind I haven't heard much." She says sheepishly. "Um... Knives and Pens, Fallen Angels, and In The End." She states looking at her music library. He looked over her shoulder and nodded in approval at most of her music library, only grimacing at One Direction, Ed Sheeran, and Taylor Swift. 

"Nice music tastes." He nods, giving a blank look. 

"So what's your name?" 

"Christian." He tells me, holding out his hand. 

"Emily." She holds out her hand and smiles at him. "Can I listen?" She says pointing to the other earbud he wasn't currently listening to. He simply nods and she grabs it, listening intently. Brooke and Vinny sighed, rolling their eyes, knowing that she wasn't going to ask for his number. When their bus stop arrives, Emily waves bye to Christian and he tells her to wait. 

"If you have any music suggestions, just shoot me a text." He says handing her a number. 

"Will do." She says, smiling as she turns around. "Boom! Got a guys number." Emily waves it in the air, and smiles at Vinny and Brooke. They looked impressed as Emily made her way to the venue. 

"Didn't think she had it in her." Vinny says. 

"Wow... did not see that coming." Brooke says, putting emphasis on the 'not'. "She never even wanted to talk to guys for the rest of high school!"

"This is what London does, Brooke." Vinny says.

"It's amazing." Brooke goes wide eyed staring back at Emily.