Chapter 2, Finding Him.

I sat next to Lynn at lunch with our other family members and friends. The youngest of our family was Deonte, out little brother. Deonte was 6 feet in height and very shy, but absolutely hilarious. He had it in his head that the Zombie apocalypse was gonna happen and he was prepared.

 Then it was Bree, our younger sister, She was about 5’ 2”, small and cute. But she had an attitude of a viper. Her black hair was shoulder length and her black eyes always shined with emotion.  She loved pokemon so most of the time she was playing on her DS.

Then there were the Twins, me and Lynn. And all of us sat around being completely normal…except for me.

I was too busy thinking about that man in the woods…was he even a man? Could a human be that tall? Was that even possible?

I had planned my day very carefully, I wore jeans and a red hoodie so that I wouldn’t get cold in the woods. And I told Lynn she could take my car home today because I was staying a little later than usual because I was ACTUALLY gonna attend the drama club. However what I was really going to do was go find HIM.  I told Lynn to pick me up at 6:00pm  and I would buy her dinner on the way home.

My other siblings take the bus because they work after school. We all ride in my car up here, then we separate after school.

So I continued to sit there sipping on my coke, waiting for the end of school to arrive…

As the bell rang at the end of the day, I was the one to jump out of her seat. Lynn eyes me suspiciously but then shrugged it off and walked away. I gave her my car keys and went inside the school and waited for her to leave.

As she pulled my car out of the parking lot and drove off I ran outside and across the street. I struggled to find the tree where we had sat before, but eventually I came upon it.  Found the treeline that I was drawing I studied it…but there was no one there.

Was he a figment of my imagination?

I suddenly heard the snap of a branch and I turned around.

There he was…he was sitting on top of a branch on the big tree, and he looked to be sulking..

I suddenly became so frightened I couldn’t say anything..i just stood there, staring at him and wondering what I should do. I took a step back and my foot crunched on a dry leaf. Then there was this flash of black and all of a sudden he was in front of me.

I screamed and fell backwards, I glanced up at him and from what I could make out he had this sad expression on his face. He began to walk away when I said “ wait…”

The tall man turned and faced me, surprised by what I could tell that I was talking to him.

I stood up carefully, and slowly, “ who are you?” I asked…then I hated myself because he had no mouth.

He walked closer to me and knelt down so we were at eye level,  he was intimidating…and ill admit…I was scared.

Slendermans POV

I sat on the branch in the tree waiting for night to fall. Nighttime was when I could really move and look for food.  i tried to plan out my day without thinking about my instance yesterday with those two girls. No one goes into these woods often but whenever they do I usually scare them away. 

Sometimes I truly hate myself for that….i never want to hurt people but sometimes I do..

The locals call me a monster, and who can blame them?  I am a monster. I try not to kill but sometimes im just too strong..too powerful to hold or touch just fragile mortals.

However that one girl..she didn’t run. She just looked at me. I was so confused…she stared at me with big green eyes full of curiosity and what seemed like sympathy, like she cared for me…..maybe…maybe sh-

A rustling interrupted my train of thoughts. I turned around to find that girl, looking up at me in horror. I leaped down from the tree quickly, I wanted a better look of her. When I reached the leaf covered ground I didn’t make a sound. However I must have been too quick for her because she screamed and fell backwards.

My first instinct was to reach out my hand and offer to help her up, but I was reminded that I am too strong…what if I crushed her soft delicate hand? Someone so innocent…I could never hurt someone so innocent as her. I thought maybe she was different than the others..but her scream confirmed that I am only a monster. And that’s all ill ever be.

I slowly began to walk away, I didn’t want to cause any more damage that I already had.

“wait.” Her soft voice called out. I turned back to her, was she really wanting me to come back? Even after id scared her?

The girl stood up and brushed the leaves off of her blue jeans that clung to her hips, her red hoodie had a little mud on it and her hair….her hair. My mind paused when I saw her face,  id never noticed how beautiful she was. Her green eyes stood out with her copper hair that framed her perfect cheekbones.

“who are you?” she asked, her voice so innocent and kind. It sounded like a lullaby to me.

My body moved towards her without me thinking, and I knelt down to get a better look at her. I could see fear plain in her eyes. And she was shaking slightly, yet she had this look of determination on her face.

Slowly I reached up and pulled a leaf out of her hair. Her face turning a bright red color, which only made her more beautiful and almost irresistible.  I opened my mouth and tried to speak calmly to her, for I didn’t want to scare her again.

“ my name is Slender…..Slender Man. I'm surprised the locals haven’t told you about me. “ I smiled at her softly

She smiled back slightly “ I don’t have many friends here, I mostly stick with my family”

I looked up at the sky and noticed how it grew dark, she looked up too and then checked her watch.

“Ive got to go” she said “ my sister is picking me up”

My heart sank, I didn’t want for her to leave. I wanted to know more about her. The one girl who hasn’t ran from me, please…don’t go.

Elizabeths POV

I saw sadness on his face, it was hard to see, but it was there.

“ are you OK?” I asked

He nodded and said “ I don’t want you to be late, you should go….” He then stood up, his tall body hovering over me. But it wasn’t intimidating anymore…it seemed…lonely in a way.  He then turned to walk away and I grabbed his hand on instinct. He turned to me and held my hand, then he knelt down to me again.

“ can I come back tomorrow?” I asked shyly.

A smile spread across his face “of course.”

His smile was so warm and inviting, it made me want to hug him, but I didn’t. I hardly knew him. “ I'm Elizabeth by the way, my family calls me Liz. “ I smiled back at him and kissed his cheek “ Take care Slenderman,” I let go of his hand and began to walk away. From behind me I heard “ Until tomorrow Elizabeth..”