Part 2, Chapter 4: I Find Out What's Wrong with Will

After school three days later, Blake I were holding hands on the way to the student parking lot, as usual. Will had avoided me ever since I saw him at Taco Bell. I had tried so hard to forget his face when he saw Blake and I, to shake the memory of his appearance, but I just couldn't.

"What's up with Will?" I asked Blake.

"Um...nothing," Blake said, unconvincingly.

"Blake, something is obviously wrong with Will," I said. "Just tell me."

Blake sighed. "He's just...having a hard time," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He's in love with someone...and he doesn't think she loves him back," Blake said, "and he's only loved one girl, and he still loves her. He's loved her ever since he met her."

Who could Will possibly be hung up on? This couldn't be true. If he would've loved someone like that, he would have definitely told me. Did he not trust me as much as I thought he did?

"Who does he love?" I asked.

"You don't know?" Blake asked, like it was so shocking.

"No," I replied. He was right; why wouldn't I know? I was asking myself the same question.

"Oh well," Blake said. "It's better if you didn't know, anyway."

"I want to know," I said.

"No," Blake replied. "I'm not telling you. I've already said too much, anyway."

"I want to know!" I demanded.

"Really?" Blake said, raising his voice. "Think really hard. You'll figure it out." He abruptly pulled away, got into his car, slammed the door, and sped away.

Who could Will possibly be in love with? I thought to myself, as I walked to my car. I ruled out almost every girl I could think of as I got into my car and started it. Then, I drove out of the student parking lot, and as I was driving down the road, it hit me.

Oh.

Suddenly, I realized who she was.

Me.

********************************************************************************************

When I got home, I went up to my room and belly-flopped onto bed. I put on my Beats by Dr. Dre headphones and started listening to blink-182, my favorite band. Then, I started thinking deeply about Will.

Why hadn't I realized earlier that he loved me? The more I thought about it, the more I realized that it had been really obvious all along. I also wondered if I liked him back. Whenever I was with him, I always felt content and safe. I'd always thought he was really attractive, with his dimples, floppy hair, bright blue eyes, and six-pack abs. He was the perfect guy for me. Blake could never mean to me what Will means to me; no one ever could.

I needed to tell Will this. Now. I didn't want to just text him, though, and I didn't really want to tell him over the phone. No. I needed to tell him in person, and I needed to go somewhere with him alone.

Then, I got an idea. I called my mom and told her that I was going out for the night so she wouldn't come home and wonder where I was. Then, I grabbed my keys and went out to my car. I drove to Will's house and knocked on his front door. His younger sister, Amy, a sophomore in high school, answered the door.

"Hey, Krista," Amy said, smiling. "I haven't seen you in a long time!"

"Hi, Amy," I said. "It's nice to see you. Is Will home?"