Chapter 5

When I woke up, I ran to the bathroom. The stress of adjusting to the barriers made my stomach clench.

"Casey." Conner knocked on the door when he heard the heaving stop. "I need to talk to you." I sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

I sighed and closed my eyes tight, "Wanting to kill you."

"You weren't yourself. I understand."

My head felt tight.

"These barriers are a lot more restricting and painful."

"Only because they have not worn down yet."

"Does everyone know?"

"No." I opened the door. "Grayson might know. I wouldn't put it past Trevor to let his son know that he has the green light."

The memory came back to me. I leaned against his chest, "I'm sorry about that too."

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me, "You weren't acting like yourself."

I sighed and rested against him.

"You should sleep. Your mind is still recovering." I nodded and he placed me onto the bed with little effort.

"Baby got back" started blaring on my phone. It was quickly shut off before I could get to it. Becky was calling me. Grayson was eating a Drumstick ice cream on the bed watching a nearly muted TV. He looked at me when I reached for the phone.

"You better not make a mess."

He nodded. "How're you feeling?"

I leaned back and started to text Becky. "I'm still tired."

"Hungry?"

I shrugged, "Probably."

He offered his cone. I shook my head not wanting contact with him just yet. He got up.

"I'll bring you some food. Stay in bed."

I nodded and leaned back onto the pillows. They were soft. Too soft. These weren't my pillows. I looked around the room. It wasn't my room. The sports illustrated bikini model poster should've been a dead giveaway. I was in Grayson's room.

I got up and went to my room. I stripped for a warm shower and waited for the water. I was skinnier then I used to be. I must've been asleep or resting a lot lately, I couldn't remember the last time I really ate anything. Thinking about food made my stomach growl. I let the water rinse over my body.