It's Complicated...

Thanks so much to MoonMade for the cover! I absolutely love it!

Growing up with werewolves teaches you that you need to listen. There's nothing worse than a wolf that thinks you're disrespectful of him.

I walked into the kitchen with my eyes down. They're all very grumpy in the morning. It was only 7, so most of the guys were still asleep. I ate my cereal without interruption for once.

I was reading the newspaper with the spoon still in my mouth. I finished the article and got up, crashing right into Grayson. How could my luck be so bad, that I run into the most hot-tempered member of the pack? I tried to smile, but that didn't work. Why was he constantly annoyed with my presence? Because he was my "boyfriend".

In order to keep boys away from me, Conner--my overprotective big brother--picked Grayson to play boyfriend. Grayson has hated me ever since. He probably wanted someone prettier than me. Grayson was nice to me at school and more than made up for that at home. Everyone at school thinks we're just neighbors, but they don't know that it's all just one big house.

The house is huge. The school thinks that it is two houses in one, like a duplex. It isn't, but to keep us 'normal' we pretend.

"Be ready in an hour. I need to get to school early."

"'kay."

I washed my bowl and put it on the dish rack to dry. Grayson handed me the cup that he used for his protein shake. I sighed lightly and took it. After washing it, I made my way to my room. I took a quick shower and started on my make-up. I'm a very girly-girl. I like dresses, make-up, doing my hair and shopping. It took me an hour just to finish my hair and make-up. I was in my closet picking out my clothes when Grayson came barging in.

I covered myself with a robe. Just because they felt comfortable walking around the house in nothing, doesn't mean I had to be.

"You better be dressed and ready."

"Almost" I hollered.

"I need to leave... now."

I sighed, "Give me two minutes and I'll be ready to go."

I heard him groan and fall onto my bed. I smiled, I won. I quickly picked out shorts and a baby doll top. I hurried with my heels and grabbed my book bag on my way out of the closet.

"There. I'm ready."

"Finally." He hopped off the bed and walked to his car. I had to jog to keep up with him.

It's supposed to be a very hot day. I reapplied my lip-gloss on the way to school. Grayson just shook his head.

"Why do you waste your time with all that shit on your face?" Brian, my only real friend in the pack, asked.