Castiel x Reader- Is this the real life?

A/N: I got the idea for this fic while listening to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (obviously). For me this song is that sort of song that you can't listen to and be sad. No matter what mood you were before listening to it, by the end of the song you'll be singing and dancing ( read bouncing) around the room. Or at least that's how it is for me. So you could listen to Bohemian Rhapsody or Paradise City while reading this
~~~♧~~~
It had been a stressful week, well OK a bit longer than that- a month. Perhaps a year, you really couldn't tell anymore. The point is that being a hunter was stressful. Especially when you spend quite a lot of time with the Winchesters. Other hunters were dealing with wendigos, vampires and occasionally demons but the Winchesters were a different case, their favorite pastime activity was pissing off angels, demons, levithians and who the hell knows what else too, they've even had The King of Hell locked up in their basement. You weren't unhappy with your life, you weren't depressed, you were just very tired and needed to make a pause for a few days. You and the boys had just finished a hunt together, the three of you had killed an entire nest of vampires, all together 17 of them. It had been a crazy night. You were more than happy when the boys agreed that all of you needed to rest and gave you a ride home. It's funny that you still called this place home. You had left this house when you were 18, whenever you told that to someone they thought that you were a rebellious teen who had moved out right away when you first had the chance. Wrong, well at least the connection between being rebellious and moving out wasn't true. It was a tradition, almost everyone in your family were hunters and so had it been for centuries already. With a history like that some light traditions had changed into obligations. In your family whenever a person turned 18 they moved out and started their own life. You never really understood it but it wasn't yours to question. As funny as it might sound moving out made you closer to your family. You learned to respect them. You hadn't seen your brother and mum in 4 months.

"Hey kiddo," you said when you stepped into the living room and saw your brother.

"Y/N," Matt put his mug away and quickly made his way to you, he hugged you and then slightly raised you up from the ground.

"Unfair, Mr Muscle put me down," you jokingly said.

"Y/N, ahhh!!! Why didn't you tell me that you were coming home? How long are you staying?" your mum said and also hugged you.

"To be honest even I didn't know that I'm coming 6 hours ago, you know I'm not sure, perhaps for 2 or 3 days," you replied.

"Both of my kids back home, oh this is amazing!" your mother said.

"Actually, what are you doing here? Was I the only one who moved out when I got 18?" you joked and looked at your brother.

"Y/N you can't make this joke every time you see me here, you know exactly that I've been out of this house for 4 years already."

You took your bag upstairs to your room and unpacked a few things. You had some cuts from last night so you decided to take a shower, when you got out you put on a pair of leggings, a longer white top and a plaid shirt. When you went back downstairs your brother made you a cup of coffee and your mother started asking you about your whereabouts.

"... so that was last night," you finished your story about the vampire nest.

"You do understand that she's lying, right? 17 is way too much," you brother said to your mother.

"Well we just make a good team!" you replied.

"Oh Y/N I really don't understand why you gotta hang around the Winchesters! We've discussed this before I'm sure they're nice guys but they get everyone killed! I don't know them personally but I've heard that..." your mother didn't like that you lived with the Winchesters. She didn't know half the things that you and the brothers had done together but she was already worried. Typical mother.