The Breakup

Authors Note: Please be aware guys things will be getting a smidge angsty from here on out. Not too dark i promise! but as Florence and The Machine says 'It's always darkest before the dawn.' Or something less cheesy...Anyway enjoy. (and review if you fell so inclined :))

It seemed only fitting really, that the roof or the tour bus (a place of so many pivotal moments between them) be the place where she destroys them.

It's early, really early. The deep, engulfing dark that happens before the break of dawn swept around her. A new day was coming, everything was about to be different.

Lauren loves Camila but she also isn't naive enough to believe love is rainbows and puppies and fucking sunshine. That isn't love. Love is the bad parts; it's the arguments and the flaws. Love is the imperfections; it's in the cracks in-between all the good stuff. It's putting them first before anything else, especially you. Love is wanting them happy even if it means you're not.

The sun is just peeking out over the Hollywood hills in the distance when she hears Camila exit the bus and start climbing up the ladder. Lauren had sneakily activated the drop down ladder whilst Danny was asleep. She hoped he wouldn't find out, the last thing she needed after this would be somebody else mad with her.

As the sky was dripping into a lighter hue, the royal blue seeping into magenta, as Camila clambered onto the roof.

'Got your text.' She said, her voice still thick with sleep. Like every other time she had heard that timbre in Camila's voice something dropped in her chest and puddled. 'What's going on?'

Lauren took a breath, gulped and offered a hand to help Camila sit down next to her. She had made the choice to get this over with quickly, to not tiptoe around the decision. Quick and fast, like ripping off a Band-Aid.

'I've been thinking that maybe this, us... that maybe we're not working.' Deep breath. 'I think that we should break up.' She froze facing forwards, looking cowardly at the rising sun in the distance. She could not look at the woman next to her.

In all the scenarios in which she had played this out in her head, not a single one had resulted in Camila laughing and yet that was what was happening.

Lauren shot her a questioning look.

Camila quieted her giggles and raised an eyebrow at Lauren. 'Seriously, what is this about?'

'I-I just told you, I think that we should end this...our relationship, I mean.' Lauren's voice sounded foreign even to her own ears, she did not want to be saying these words and it was like her subconscious coped by detaching herself from the words.

Camila's response was her second eyebrow rising to join the other. 'Okaaaay,' She dragged out the word. 'Any particular reason?'

Lauren had spent the last hour going over and over fake reasons to tell Camila but in the end she decided to tell her something as close to the truth as she could muster. 'I just think that we should concentrate on our careers for a bit.' She couldn't hold the steady gaze any longer and turned away. 'This is a crucial time for us right now and any distractions might jeprodise that. I care about you, I really do, but we should prioritise the group over our relationship.' Lauren sighed in relief that she got the words out without breaking down, and they were true to an extent.

A sigh of irritation sounded from next to her and Lauren squeezed her eyes shut preparing for the fallout. But it never came.

'And the real reason?'