Levy and Gajeel

• Dedicated to Gajeel Redfox

Please hit the vote button....Enjoy!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Levy drifted down the dimly lit street to Fairy Hills, transfixed by the soft glow of twilight reflecting off the wet cobblestones. Winking fireflies circled the lush grass with lazy contentment, enjoying the heavy, moist summer air. Levy breathed in the rainwater aroma deeply, closing her eyes to the peaceful serenade of crickets. It was evenings like this that she loved; the calm before the storm. Raging summer thunderstorms had assaulted the city of Magnolia for the past week, much to the distress of the members of Fairy Tail who had to walk to and from the guild. Even now, there were purple clouds swirling threateningly on the horizon.

When Fairy Hills popped into sight, the gentle drizzle that had begun to mist down from the sky suddenly became fiercer, heavy enough to be called rain. Levy quickened her pace until she was safe under shelter. Shaking out her cloud of blue hair, she walked up the outside stairs until she came to the back entrance of her apartment. Digging around in her purse, she produced an overflowing keyring and promptly picked out an average brass key, sliding it in the lock and entering her home.

She looked around, dropping the keys back into her purse. It didn't seem like anything had been touched; not that she really would have been able to tell, considering the motley of books that occupied every single corner of the room. Most were stacked in haphazard piles, since she had run out of room on the bookshelves that lined the walls from floor to ceiling. To Levy, there was no such thing as too many books. She squinted in the direction of the kitchen with a frown, peaking out behind a mountain of literature. Had she left that light on?

Levy stepped forward, over the papers that formed a second carpet on her floor. She couldn't recall leaving the kitchen light on; in fact, she couldn't recall using the kitchen at all this morning. She normally ate at the guild.

Suddenly, an arm shot out from a pile of books.

Levy screamed and whipped out the pen she used for solid script incantations, shrieking the word "electricity" when the muscular arm quickly became attached to a shoulder. The word zapped out from her pen, hanging in the air for hardly a second before pursuing the invader. The perpetrator's arm convulsed along with an agonized screech from which it had projected itself.

"Shit! Dammit, shorty!" the voice said. The volcano of books erupted, revealing a singed Gajeel. Levy leapt back with a mixture of fear and humiliation. What was the deadly Iron Dragonslayer doing in her home? Besides that, she'd just zapped him!

"I'm so sorry!" she cried, helping him unearth himself from the smoking pile of media. He shook his head to clear it, smoothing back the porcupine he called hair. After Gajeel was composed, he glared down at her with irritation.

"Do you just go around electrocuting your visitors?" he inquired harshly, pinching a piece of sizzling hair between his thumb and forefinger.

Levy gaped. "Visitor? More like intruder!"

"Your window wasn't locked, so I let myself in," Gajeel excused, shrugging.

"What normal person comes in through the window?" Levy pointed out. She had a new understanding for what Lucy went through every day, remembering the many accounts in which her fair haired friend had complained about Natsu, Gray, and Erza constantly bursting into her house without permission.

Gajeel snorted. "Who said I was normal?"

"Good point," Levy sighed, dropping her purse on the counter (probably the only space in her apartment that wasn't overflowing with literature, though it did have it's share of soon-to-be opened cookbooks) and bustled about for something for her and Gajeel to eat. As she searched aimlessly for the nonexistent food supply, she continued to interrogate Gajeel. "What are you doing here anyway? Not that I mind the company, but generally people give me a warning before they come over."