Juvia and Gray

• Dedicated kay Juvia Loxar Fullbuster

Kyaahhhh!!! I have to admit, I kind of like making some stories like this!!! Well, here's a version for all Juvia and Gray Fanatics, enjoy reading!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Something was very wrong here.

Gray couldn't place his finger on it, but he knew something was amiss. He analyzed the dining hall of Fairy Tail, looking for clues as to what might be bothering him. Natsu was irking Lucy; Cana was drinking; Elfman was attempting to be manly; Jet and Droy were following Levy as she beamed up at Gajeel; Happy was presenting Charle with (yet another) fish; Mirajane was at the bar, talking to Lisanna; Master Makarov was staring after the waitresses; and so on and so on. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so why did he feel like something was?

"GRAAAAY!" Natsu roared in his ear, appearing out of nowhere. Gray leapt back with a shout, scowling at his rival.

"Are you trying to kill me?" he yelled back, knocking the Fire Dragonslayer on the head.

Natsu hit Gray in return, glaring. "I was just coming to tell you that it's your turn to pick a job, stupid! Lucy needs money for rent!"

"Don't hit me!" Gray retorted, kicking the Salamander.

"You hit me first!" Natsu accused, grabbing Gray's necklace in the absence of a shirt.

Erza popped up beside them and bashed their heads together, disrupting their argument. As they rubbed their sure-to-be-bruised noggins, she explained to Gray in a nonchalant manner, "Lucy needs money for rent and it's your turn to pick the job, Gray. So hurry up."

"I-it's really not that big of a deal..." Lucy said, abashed that her need for money had caused all this commotion.

"I'll go pick a freakin' job," Gray muttered, stomping towards the bulletin board beside the bar. As he searched for a job that paid a decent amount (Lucy wasn't the only one who was devoid of money at the moment), he felt eyes on the back of his head. Turning, he saw Mirajane peering behind the bulletin board and glancing at him again. She noticed that he was staring at her and quickly resumed cleaning the bar. Gray scowled. "What are you looking for?"

"I was just wondering...did Juvia take a job? I haven't seen her around in a while," the barmaid explained, sneaking a peak again behind the bulletin board as if the elusive water mage had suddenly appeared there in the course of five seconds.

Gray thought. "I don't think so..."

"Strange," Mirajane decided, tapping over to Cana, who had requested another drink. Gray stood at the board thoughtfully, no longer looking at the flyers. Perhaps it was Juvia's absence that was making the day so off-kilter. He was almost certain that she didn't take any jobs, as she always told him when she would be gone for long intervals of time, but he couldn't think of anywhere else she might be.

Still, the topic bothered him a considerable amount, so he begrudgingly wandered over to Gajeel's table to see if Juvia had told her ex-Phantom companion if she'd been going anywhere.

"What?" Gajeel growled. "How the fuck should I know where she is?"

"I don't think she took a job," Levy offered, resting her elbows on the wooden surface of the table thoughtfully. "She was sitting at the bar yesterday, looking kind of depressed. She wouldn't tell me what was wrong when I asked her, though."

Gray opened his mouth to encourage more information out of her, but Erza interrupted him by chucking a mug at the back of his head. "Gray! Have you found a job yet? Lucy might be homeless by the time you decide!"