Goodbye My Abusive Alpha Mate

'Look at yourself! Do you enjoy what you see?' my wolf screamed at me.

"I know, but I love him."

'So is this what love does to you?' my wolf asked quietly.

"I'm sorry, but he is my heart just like he is your other half."

Now you're probably thinking that I'm mentally insane. Am I right? You see I'm a werewolf. Huh shocker! Yeah not really. Now let's get back to the just freaking dandy conversation I was having with my inner wolf.

I looked into the mirror and saw nothing. Now don't go thinking that werewolves can't see their reflections because they can so just wait for me to explain.

I saw nothing because that's exactly what my reflection told you. My usual pale blue-grey eyes that were so full of life now looked dead and empty, as if they were empty. My once flawless pale complexion was now covered in black, blue, and purple bruises, but they were different somehow. Instead of their colors screaming at you to look at them and get noticed, they seem to do the opposite and look as if they were shrinking away. My lips were rosy red and full, but in the present they were paled and cracked. My once bouncy honey brown hair now layed limp as if it just didn't care anymore.

I was brought out of my thougths when I heard the door slam closed. He's home and I didn't smell any alchohol.....yet. I smiled that is until I heard the sound of a beer bottle being opened. I frowned at that, but at least it'll take him about 30 beers before he fully gets drunk since werewolves could hold their alchohol well.

I stepped down the stairs. There he was, my mate, Kale Raveness. He was sitting on the couch, beer in hand. Now, why would the alpha just sit around? Wouldn't he be busy? No, Kale isn't due to the fact he passes down all the work to his beta, John.

Kale was a handsome young man with eyes a stormy grey and soft chocolate brown hair. He towered over my 5'7'' stature with him standing at 6'2".

"Love, must you drink so early?" I questioned him.

He began to get angry as I can see through his eyes turning darker by the second.

"Can I not have a relaxing drink after a hard day of running the pack?" he questioned angrily.

"No, not at all but I would enjoy it if we could rather spend time together," I nagged him further.

"I do everything! I have lost so much! Yet I cannot even take a day off from you!" he shouted getting off the couch and stepping towards me.

"YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS LOST SO MUCH!" I yelled getting angry at his words.

With my words said, the back of his hand came into contact with my cheeck, making me fall to the ground. I looked up at him from the floor.

'He hit me while he was completely sober.' I thought to myself.

How could he? I love him and treat him like a king and yet nothing is enough.

"Who are you?" I whispered.

His eyes widen in fear and he bends down to my level. He outstretches his hand to touch my cheek, but I back away and flinch. He wouldn't have cared if he hurt me while he was drunk, but that's just the thing. He wasn't drunk. He was perfectly sober.

I stood up and ran to our room with tears flowing down my face.

How could he be so selfish?

I lost.....him too. I lost them too.

That's it! I'm tired of this so much. Tonight I will leave.

Tonight I shall say goodbye to my abusive alpha mate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------