Chapter 14- The worst plan ever.

'I just can't take it anymore' Sam's voice was half whine, half exasperated sigh.

We were lying out across my floor, snuggled up in sleeping bags and a huge pile of pillows, all of us exhausted from staying up so late after movie night. 

'What?' I asked absent-mindedly, concentrating on finding all the orange skittles in the huge whole I had in front of me. 

'Blake.' Sam sighed again. The mention of his name sent me snapping my attention towards her. Hailey and Luce exchanged a glance before turning their attention on Sam as well.

'What about him sweetie?' Luce asked, concern growing on her face.

'I want him back guys, I need him back. My life sucks without him, and I know he feels the same about me but I just need to show it.' There was an alarmingly fierce blaze of determination behind Sam's eyes. 

'Blake's a bad guy Sam, you know that. You just need to move on and you'll find someone amazing for you, honestly' Hailey was doing her best to talk Sam about of it, but Sam wasn't taking any of it.

'NO!' She yelled back, 'He LOVES me! I know he does, he's just too afraid to show it. When we were together, everything was perfect, we were so happy. I just want that back!' 

The thought of Sam and Blake together, holding hands on the beach. Ugh. It sent a very annoying jolt of jealousy through my stomach. 

You don't like Blake. I told myself, not really believing it.

I decided there was only one thing I could do, and I had to put it nicely. 

'Sam, there's something I think I should tell you, and you guys' I shot an apologetic look at Luce and Hailey. 'The other day at the shop, well, Blake might have sort of cornered me, and maybe...kind of told me he liked me, then...tried to kiss me?' I used my gentlest voice to break the news to Sam that 'the love of her life' had definitely moved on.

The effect this had on her was huge. And what I was expecting at all.

Sam jumped out of her sleeping bag and yelled at the top of her voice 'THAT'S IT!' I was expecting her to carry on and say 'That's it, your not my friend anymore. i hate you'

But instead she said 'Blake was obviously so cut up about me that he decided that he needed to rebound onto Brooke!' Her face was lighting up with an idea which I knew I was going to hate.

Luce cut in before Sam could finish 'Sweetie, that may have not been what happened, maybe he has moved on a bit' Luce's voice was soft, but Sam just gave her an incredulous look.

'Come on guys, really? Brooke? No offence or anything.' Sam shot me a kind smile.

'Umm...that was abit offensive, but no hard feelings.' I felt like laughing at how conceited she was, but I knew she only meant well. 

'BUT....as I was saying...I've had the best idea ever!' Sam squealed and dropped back down into the sleeping bag. 

Oh god. Here it comes.

'Blake is obviously as hurt as I am, so...he's on the rebound, Right?' 

'Um. Right,' Hailey seemed less convinced than i did.

'So..how about we give him a rebound...' Sam paused for dramatic effect. 'BUT. Make her so bad and clingy and I dunno...whatever...that he realises how amazing I am, and he comes running back to me!' She clapped her hands together and squealed again. 'Genius, right?'

My stomach lurched again. 'No. no. no. no. no. Not genius, bbaaaddd idea. Very bad idea.' I croaked out. The idea of some other girl who had to pretend to stick to him like glue was almost as bad a thought as Sam and Blake holding hands. 

Sam furrowed her eyebrows at him, confused 'How's it a bad idea?' 

I shot a look of exasperation at Hailey and Luce, who returned it to me. 

'Well, to start with, who can we trust to do that without them telling him, or messing it up or i dunno...falling in love with him...not that anyone would.' I added quickly. 

Sam seemed to take my point. 'Oh yeah.'

I breathed a huge sigh of relief. 'So we all agree its a bad idea?' I asked, looking for back up.

'Awful idea.' Hailey agreed, shooting me a 'Thank god you're here to help us control her' look. I smiled back and was about to go back to my orange skittle hunting when Luce yelped.

'WAIT!' She said, a twinkle in her eye. What was she doing? 

'What?' Sam asked, hopeful.

'It could work...if it was one of us.'  She turned to me and Hailey, 'None of us are going to tell him or mess it up or whatever...it could work.'

'But' Hailey replied 'You have Scott, I have Tyler, and i'm sure as hell not dumping him to pretend to go out with his best friend...are you?' She raised her eyebrows.

'No, no, no. Of course not, dont be stupid. But there is someone who is single, and would be perfect.' 

Everyone in the room turned to look at me.

My heart hammered in my chest. 

'No.' I said calmly, more calmly than i felt. 'no. I only just got here and I don't even know him, and I'd be awful at it and It just wouldn't work and I'm not doing it and...NO.' I gasped for breath.

Sam squealed again. 'YOU'VE GOT TO! oh please please please! You'd be perfect, and It wouldn't be for too long, you just have to be awfully clingy to him and he'll come running back to me in no time! I promise!' She clapped her hands together again.

'No!' I half shouted it this time, my anger and desperation rising. 'I can't do it...please?' I shot a desperate look at Hailey and Luce who both avoided my gaze.

Then Hailey spoke up 'You know Brooke, it would only be for a couple of days. Just you know...be the worst girlfriend/stalker ever and he'll never stand you. I promise.' She smiled sympathetically at me.

I was about to open my mouth to protest again when Sam threw herself at me 'THANK YOU SO MUCH BROOKE! I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER NOW!' The shine in her eyes told me that she wasn't taking no for an answer.

I grunted in response, my mouth too dry to speak properly. 

'So...we'll start planning the operation tomorrow morning!' Luce chirped

'RIght yeah, get some beauty sleep Brooke, we need Blake to fall for you at the beginning, then we turn on the stalker mode!' Hailey said 

'Not fall for you too hard though Brooke, we want him to come running back to me. So just play it cool, but clingy, and look pretty but look just ugly enough.' My mind was reeling from the instructions. 

'What?' I asked.

'Don't worry, we'll prepare you in the morning.' Said Luce, before turning over and closing her eyes.

'Right. Okay.' I replied before pulling the sleeping bag over my head.

What the hell had I gotten myself into?

___________________________________

Thank you for reading:) Short update though, but I'm working on another!:)

Have an awesome day guys:) 

Leave any comments, or just click that lovely little vote button...:)

DEDICATION TO ELLIEMUS, because I hope she's having an awesome time in Spain and I miss her so much it's insane:(