Chapter 18

Dedication: Alpacalypse98 because YOU BETTER GET READY. PREPARE YOURSELF. It's allllllmost over!

Chapter 18

After what was an abysmally normal day and some time spent packing our belongings, we met in Steven's room to organize the plans for our midnight shenanigans. In so many ways, we owed our lives to Rich. If everything had continued the way they were going originally, the four of us would have gone down a path that some of us maybe wouldn't have survived.

"So, I think the main problem we have right now is getting past the guard dog, right?" Geoffrey asked as he raked a wide toothed comb through his locks. "Anyone have some ideas?" He finished by throwing his hair into a messy bun. Like usual, the boy was wearing all black, silk pajamas.

He always looked so glamorous.

For a straight boy.

"He's never far away from us, but I bet we could slip past him pretty easily," Steven chimed in from his throne made of piled blankets.

Geoffrey scoffed. "That man pops up wherever we are. Honestly, we would be better off slipping him a sleeping pill in some tea or something."

"How do we get our hands on sleeping pills let alone convince him to drink something we made him," Steven inquired.

I rolled my eyes from the edge of Steven's bed. "Guys, we can't go around drugging whoever we want."

"Well, what are your ideas?" Geoffrey raised a brow at me quizzically.

I shrugged. "Why don't we just ask him if he minds letting us slip out for a little while. It's not like we're running away or anything. Our last day is tomorrow."

Geoffrey and Steven exchanged glances. "I don't think it's going to be that easy," Geoffrey added.

"You guys need to have a little bit more faith in the guy," I began as I pushed myself to my feet. "I think you'll be surprised."

Their eyes followed me as I made my way to the bedroom door. Poking my head out, I found Terry in his usual place just a bit farther down the hallway; however, this time, the guard was on tapping the screen of his phone. "Psst," I whispered, instantly catching the guard's attention.

He jerked upright, turned his attention to me, straightening his back, and quickly stuffing his phone into his pocket. His mouth opened as if he were about to speak, but I placed a single finger over my lips in an effort to silence him.

Terry quietly made his way over to me, and when he was in whispering distance, he spoke. "What's up?" He leaned down slightly.

"Think I could get a favor from you?"

Lights seemed to briefly dance through his eyes as a smile threatened to pull at the corner of his lips; however, he cleared his throat, successfully stifling the grin before it could emerge. "That really depends on what the favor is."

I ran a hand through my hair, moving my bangs from my eyes; It had been awhile since my hair was long enough to do that. "Me and the other's want to sneak out tonight and have a little get together for Rich since it's our last full night in the house." I left the whole running-naked bit out.

I heard my friends snicker behind me, but I kept my attention on Terry. He raised a brow questioningly. "You're asking me to let you all just walk out the front door in the middle of the night without any supervision?"

"Well, when you say it like that it sounds bad, but honestly, we just want to honor our friend before we're all split up." I paused then added, "It's the least we can do for him, and we would probably go through the back door. You know, since we don't want to get caught and all that."