Introducing Ray

Rayan's Point of View

"Please buy my painting!" I begged the woman that walked right pass me. She ignored me so I ran up to her, grabbed her pant leg, and shoved the painting in her face.

"Look lady, I have three kids that I have to feed and this is the only way I can put money for food on the table! So please buy my painting!" I lied forcing crocodile tears to spew from my eye sockets.

"I'm sorry that you couldn't afford a proper education but that's not my problem! Now get out of my sight you're messing up my pants, and I know damn well that you could never pay to get these cleaned!" She yanked her leg out of my grasp and sauntered off into the large crowd of people. Sorrowfully, I gathered up all my belongings and trudged my way home.

"How was your day?" My roommate Jacob asked me from the couch.

"Terrible!" I mumbled while slamming the door.

"Woah calm down partner, tomorrow is another day!" Jacob reminded me.

"Yeah tomorrow's another day. I'm going to sleep." I miserably marched up the stairs.

"Night bruh!" Jacob called out to me.

I ignored him and continued up the stairs slipped off my clothes and drifted off into a deep slumber.

"Stop Ray that tickles!" The girl cried as I tickled her soft warm belly.

"Never you can't escape the tickle monster!" I growled jabbing my fingers up and down her sides.

I stopped tickling her and admired her beauty. "You're beautiful." I said in a daze.In return she blushed and gave me a warm smile. She puckered up her lips and slowly leaned in to kiss me. I likewise did the same. The moment our lips met the entire scenery changed. The room was pitch black and I felt as if I was being sucked into a deep vortex. When I finally stopped falling I landed in a gold room with a large throne and a man sitting on the throne.

"Do you know who I am?" The man asked me interrupting my observations.

"N-no." I cowardly replied. The man was buff and painted a deep scowl onto his face, he looked intimidating.

He chuckled wickedly before responding.

"I didn't think you would. If you must know-you know what I'm not going to introduce myself to you."

"Okay?" I responded confused on how else to reply.

"But I will warn you that this won't be the last time you see me!" He snickered lowly to himself. I have him an uneasy glance which caused him to snap his fingers.

"What the hell?" I groaned rubbing my head after my body was roughly thrown unto my bed. In the distance I heard soft giggles but I ignored it thinking it was Jacob. I rolled over to face my alarm clock.

"6:29 great!" I sarcastically muttered to myself angry that I woke up a minute earlier than I should have. A few seconds later my alarm went off and I sluggishly crept out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

~

"Jacob wake up!" I knocked on Jacob's door indicating that I was finished showering and that he needed to start getting ready. You see he has a longer day ahead of him than I do. He's a defense attorney and he's defending a man named Nasir Edwards accused of raping a young woman named Sharon Adams. The incident occurred almost two months ago and Nasir's trial is today.

"Thanks man!" Jacob thanked me as he waltzed down the hall and into the bathroom.

~

"Don't be nervous okay, just be sure to say everything you said a the first police investigation." Jacob urged on.