Grief

Chresanto's Point of View

It's been a week and I've enjoyed my stay with Carson. She's a very sweet and innocent girl. At first she wasn't very happy about being here. I completely understood why. She missed her mother and all her other friends on earth.

Robyn's Point of View

About a week ago

I was on my way to the hospital with Rayan. Things were slowly beginning to get serious between us. Ever since he showed interest in Carson I've becoming more and more attracted to him. No man has ever cared this much about her.

"Whatchu thinking bout babe?" Rayan wrapped his arm around me as we walked to the hospital.

"You." I simply replied while giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Aw you miss your big daddy?" Rayan smirked and grabbed ahold of me tighter.

"Boy bye." I playfully shoved him away from me.

"You know you love me babe stop playing"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I rolled my eyes at his silliness. Being around Rayan was so refreshing. He made me feel like a teenager all over again.

"You know what would help me sleep at night?" I shook my head.

"This." He snaked his hands into my pants. My body grew immediately grew tense.

"Please don't touch me." He obeyed and removed his hands.

"What's wrong babe?"

"You can't touch me. Remember? "I'm married" and I can't risk getting in trouble."

"Does Chresanto run your life or some shit?" Rayan began to run his hands through his hair.

"Basically. Let's go." I sped up my pace. I really didn't wanna talk about Chresanto. He hasn't visited me in a while and I've been so relieved. I don't want Rayan to infuriate him and cause him to return.

"Okay." Rayan didn't utter another word until we entered the hospital.

"Hi I'm here to see Carson Crippen." I introduced myself to the front desk lady.

"What's your relationship with her?"

"I'm her mother. Now can I see my baby?" I was growing impatient.

"Sure but I-uh I should warn you that- uh- never mind you do you. She got moved to room twenty three." I thanked the lady but I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with the woman's behavior.

"Well this is room twenty three." Rayan said once we got there. I opened the door and my whole word stopped. Inside that room was a body lying on top of a table. I rushed over to the table and lifted up the cover. There on top off the table laid the body of my princess, my life, my everything. I picked up her lifeless body and began sobbing ferociously.

"Why! Lord why?" It was like everything in me was drained out of my body.

"Oh. She's dead that sucks." Rayan blurted out.

"She was too young! My baby!" I began wailing again. My sobs turned into loud exaggerated cries of agony. Rayan just kind of stared at me. That threw me off but he wasn't important right now.

"What are you doing?" I redirected my attention to the anger doctor coming my way. Just his presence alone caused my blood to boil.

"My daughter just fucking died! How the hell do you die from a broken leg?" The doctor dismissed my question and tried to grab Carson from me but I dodged.

"I don't know she just stopped breathing!" The doctor tried grab Carson again and I stood up with her in my arms.

"You can't touch my daughter!"

"But she's dead of what use is she to you now!" That's when I lost it. I tossed Carson over to one side of me and my fist connected with his nose.

"Why on earth did you do that!" The doctor said as he began rubbing his nose. I ignored him and hurried out of the room.

"Come back here woman! You can't leave with her!"

"I just wanna say goodbye then you can take her." I pleaded with the doctor and he reluctantly agreed to let me say goodbye. When I made it outside to the parking lot I sat down on a green pasture. I put Carson on my lap and began to take in her beauty.

"Carson, I know you can't hear me but please know that Mommy loves you so much! It's not fair! It's like every person that gets close to me ends up dying." I chuckled coldly as tears streamed down my cheeks. "You were my warrior Car. What am I going to do without you?" I began rocking from side to side trying to force back the tsunami of tears that were approaching. "I don't have much time left but I want you to know that you are a very special girl and I hope you say hi to daddy for me." I kissed her forehead and got up. When I turned around I noticed that the doctor was behind me. He extended his arms out in front of him and I gently placed Carson in his arms. "Take care of my princess." I told the doctor. He simply nodded his head and went back inside. I felt a strong urge to break down again but I knew I had to get home. So I journeyed home. On my way I saw so many parents playing with their children and I began to shake. I couldn't control myself anymore. Once I finally arrived home I noticed the front door was open.

"Oh you're back." Rayan dryly said once he noticed my presence.

"What's wrong with you?" I was appalled at his behavior. What happened to the nice sweet Rayan that I was very fond of?

"I don't like death. You should know that by now." Rayan gritted his teeth.

"You know what forget it. I'm so done with you. The least you could do is try to show some support but that's too hard for you. Get out!"

"What do you mean get out?" Rayan got on his feet and made his way towards me.

"You heard me I said get out! This is my house last time I checked your a homeless broke beggar!"

"Is that how you feel Robyn? After all I've done for you?" I felt like slapping this man. Was he really trying to make himself look like the victim? I shook my head at the thought.

"You weren't there for me when I needed you the most so you don't need to be hear at all!" I walked to the door and opened it for him. He stared at me for a couple of seconds. "Well don't just stand there move!" And with that he left and I slammed the door behind him. I felt my knees give up on me and I slid down the door and began to sob all over again.