Mafia Girl

The loud dinging rang from the poker machines signifying that someone had won the jackpot. Lights flashed and the man that had one jumped up and cheered. Some people’s poker addiction was weak enough to actually stop playing to congratulate him.

           To be perfectly honest, I would have applauded if I didn’t have a job to do. Decked out in my knee-length pink dress, I made my way through the casino and out the back entrance that led to the alley behind the flashy building.

           My job was waiting for me in the dark, playing with his fingers nervously. He looked up at me and cowered even farther into the alley walls.

           I grinned. “So you’re Giotto. You’re the man who owes my Father a ton of money.” I said.

           He nodded. “Can’t you give me a little more time?” he pleaded.

           “I’m sorry,” Not really, “but the Pantera Family has waited long enough. Do you have it?” I asked, the pistol in my boot keenly rubbing against my leg.

           Giotto reached for something in his pocket, quickly pulled it out and pointed it at my face. It took me a couple of seconds to realise that it was a gun.

           My eyes narrowed as I slowly raised my hands. Then I noticed something. I quickly brought my hand up, hitting him in the arm and catching the gun when he dropped it. I pointed it at Giotto.

           He started to laugh and pulled out a knife. “You lose, signorina!” He shouted and laughed maniacally. “That gun’s not loaded!”

           My grin increased. “Maybe so,” I pulled my own pistol out of my boot. “But this one is.”

           Giotto instantly dropped the knife. “I’m sorry! I promise, I’ll pay the debt! Just give me a month! A month! That’s all I ask!”

           My smiled faded and I shook my head, “I’m sorry, too… oh, wait, no I’m not.” I said, and I pulled the trigger.

 ♥♦♣♠

           I walked through the doors to the main office in the Pantera Family’s main house. “Papà!” I cried and went to hug the man sitting behind the desk located in the centre of the room.

           He stood up too. “Liona, my darling, it’s truly great to see you again. How did your job go?” My Father is the boss of the infamous mafia family, the Pantera Family. He may be slightly scary when he’s doing business with people, but with me, he’s just a big teddy bear. My Father pulled away and frowned. “I’m sorry; I really don’t like sending you on those assassination missions. Maybe next time I’ll get Alonzo to do it next time.”

           Alonzo was Father’s right-hand-man. He was a great guy that always put his life on the line for Father… and me.

           I pulled away from our hug and smiled up at him. “It’s fine,” I assured him, “I’ve been trained for this kind of thing. I’m tough!” We both laughed.

           “Okay then, I have a meeting to go to now and I won’t be back until later.” Father said. “I have someone for you to meet when I get back.” And with that, he left the office.

           I made my way up to my room on the top floor of the shared mansion, wondering who my Father would want to introduce me to. I was just a normal nineteen year-old girl – well, except for the fact that I’m related to the mafia.