1.3 On the bus

Everyone heads towards the bus and Jake barges through everyone just to get to the front. "Ahhahh Jake." Bates calls out stopping him from getting on the bus first. Instead he lets Andy on before him, "after you Andy." He says and Andy gets on, clumsy backpack and all.

"Bates! Favouritism." Jake complains as Bates holds out his hand expectantly.

"Jacob, it's 'sir' to you. Permission slip please." It wasn't hard to tell that Jake was annoyed with the whole situation. He slapped his note into Bates palm and and into the bus.

I follow in afterwards. I get on the bus a few people after those first two, and was relieved by the busses air con.

Thank god that it has air con. I don't think I could have survived without it. People push Andy as they walk past them, cause if Andy to mutter sorry over and over as he tries to get his bag up onto the bag carrier. "Here," I say giving him a hand, and together we shove it in. "All done." I smile before heading backward and sitting at my usual seat. Four seats from the back of the bus on the left hand side. This is just where I would normally sit if I had to catch the bus. It's a little habit of mine.

"Ew, is that the stench of rotting flesh? How long since you rejects have had a shower?" Jake and his crew taunts from the back of the bus. Felix and Ellen just try to ignore him by putting their head phones in.

"Quit smelling yourself." I mutter but I think he heard me.

"And you would like me to smell you instead Princess?" He taunts and I give him a good death glare, one the goths would be impressed with. Sometimes this guy gets on my nerves.

"Go shove that foot ball up your ass." I say with the roll of my eyes. I can hear the boys whispering around Jake, talking about me and what a looser I am, but it doesn't really bother me. I place one white earbud in my ear and listen to some Disney music. I'm sure you're going to get sick of all my Disney stuff.

In front of me, the two love birds take their seat. Mia and Sam are like the Kim and Kanye of the school. They're reputation is so well known that it's hard to find a person who doesn't know them.

"Do you know what day it is?" Mia asks Sam expectantly. Same reached into his bag and pulls out a red apple and takes a bite. Part of me wishes that he falls down and sleeps, but let's face it, the worst thing that's gonna happen is he finds a worm in it or he chokes.

"Umm, Friday?" He says, and his tone of voice tells me that he thinks that's the right answer. Mia gets a look of disappointment on her face.

"It's our anniversary." She explains and Sam's eyes widen with realisation. He's forgotten, that's just great. He's going to be in so much trouble.

"Oh, a year already?" He says before his eyes get cast downward. I think Mia had given his something, but the look in Sam's eyes told me that he wasn't that interested in what she had given him.

Jerk...how can Mia not see that he is a total douche? I roll my eyes and shake my head at Sam. He can be sweet but a complete air head.

"Oh wow! It's awesome! Thank You!" He says and Mia has a hopeful look in her eyes, but it quickly faded. I think she finally realised that Sam didn't get her a present. "Hey, I'm shooting a sponsorship video and I'm gonna be grinding a 12-stair rail. Come along, you're gonna look great!" He says as if to make up for the fact that he didn't get her a gift.

But being the girl she is, she mans up and puts on a smile. "Thanks."