Now that he is back

"Nice of you to join us Mr. Howell." The teacher said obviously frustrated. He must be late all the time, I wondered.

"Good morning to you too teach." He said with a sarcastic tone and smirk on his face.

"Just go take your seat."

He rolled his eyes and started walking to his desk. He sat down and just started typing on his phone not even paying one bit of attention to the teacher. 

I rolled my eyes at his bad boy attempt and continued taking notes.

The bell wrung and everyone rushed out of class. 

I was to busy getting my stuff together to leave that I didn't realize HE was still in the classroom.

When I looked up he was standing right in front of me. I jumped a little, startled that he was this close and eyeing me up and down.

There was a moment of awkward silence when he broke it.

"Well, if it isn't my childhood friend, or should I say punching bag."

I swallowed hard.

"You grew up nicely." He smirked and eyed me once again.

I just stood there frozen and didn't say anything with all hopes that he would leave me alone if I didn't.

"Well, are you gonna say something?"

I wish you would leave me alone and go on about your business. 

I just shook my head.

"No? Well, I do," he smirked again,"I'm glad that I finally am reunited with you and that we can continue where we left off."

My breathing got heavier and I tried to walk past him but he grab my arm and pulled me back.

"Where you going? Scared?"

I tried struggling out of his grip but he was too strong. I looked into is eyes and saw the same look I saw when we were kids. It frightened me and made struggle even more.

"Brian, dude come on, were gonna be late for next period!" One of his friends yelled into the classroom.

He looked at me with so much hatred and rolled his eyes.

"I'm not done with you." He growled and left the classroom.

I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

I gathered my things and left the class room.

The rest of the day was fine, except for the occasional death glares I would get from Brian, but other than that I had a pretty good day.

I started walking home from school. 

I was just thinking on my walk home.

Thinking about my childhood and what he did, he would push me into the ground, pull my hair, call me names and was just so mean that I cried everyday when I came home.

My parents didn't know, his and my parents were really good friends and we would have play dates and he would put paint in my hair and hit me with dolls and yell at me. He was just so mean and I never understood why.

Now that he is back, I'm even more scared. We are older now and he can be even more abusive.

I was too lost in my thoughts and realized that I was crying. I wiped my tears and continued walking home.

I walked into my door and went up to my room.

I started doing my homework when I heard a knock on the door.

I went to open it and my eyes got so big they could of popped out of my sockets.

I stood there frozen. I didn't say anything, I couldn't.

"So your our new neighbor." He smirked saying it as more of a statement.

"My parents told me to come and say hello and give you this pie." He handed me the pie and I took it.

"Well, are you gonna say thank you?" I murmured a quick thank you and was about to shut the door when his foot stopped it.

"Hey that's no way to treat your new neighbor, why don't you let me inside and lets have a little chat." 

He pushed the door open and walked inside.

"You can't just walk in here without being invited!" I yelled, it was the first time I have spoken to him yet.

He turned around and faced me,"So you speak now?"

I looked down and heard his footsteps come closer, he was right in front of me.

He lifted my chin and I swatted his hand away. As soon as I did he slapped me.

I took hold of my cheek trying to hold back my tears.

"You don't do that, do it again and it will be worse." His voice was low and full of venom. 

I stepped back a little to give myself a good distance away from him.

"So where are you parents? My parents would be so happy to know that our new neighbors are old friends."

He looked at me expecting an answer,"They have to work late." My voice was low, a bit of a whisper.

He nodded his head admiring the house. I watched him closely.

"So why did you guys move back?"

"Parents got a new job offer."

"I see you're warming up to me now."

"Well I don't really want to keep ignoring you, it won't help anything."

"I see you've learned not to do that."

"I didn't learn anything from you I know that!" I snapped. Bad move.

He was in front of me in a millisecond and grabbed my neck and started choking me.

"Don't use that tone of voice with me Sophia." He had venom in every word.

I was struggling, his hand was wrapped around my neck so tight. I tried so hard to gasp for air.

He let go and I fell to the ground. I gasped for air and tried crawling  away from him. 

He kneeled to my level,"When are you gonna realize Sophia?"

He kicked me in the stomach twice and then pulled my hair dragging me across the room.

I scream for him to stop but he didn't. When he did he sat on my stomach staring down at me.

I couldn't hold in my tears and they all started pouring out.

"I think that was a good way to start where we left off don't ya think."

I was still crying, he started caressing my cheek.

"Don't cry."

"Please....., just get off me."

I didn't look at him. He got off me and I got up about to head to my room until he pulled me back.

"Let go of me!" I tried pushing him off me but he held onto me tighter.

I stopped trying to struggle after a while and just stood there, his arms around me.

"Well, I have to go, but I'm driving you to school tomorrow and you can't say no!"

He let go of me and walked out the house. 

I fell to the ground and pulled my knees to my chest and just sat there.

I have no way out of this and there is nothing I can do about.