Chapter 8

Okay this chapter is kind of big.

That is all

**********************************************************************************

Kayley's P.O.V

I walked to my car smiling at nothing. That changed quickly as I viewed my vibrating phone. Harry. Why can't he leave me alone? I'm not in the mood to argue or listen to apologies. I sigh as I put my phone back into my back pocket. I open the door on the drivers side, and climb in. I'm ignoring Harry Styles for going on four days for the first time in years. My heart sank and my smile was gone as I made the short drive back to the main house.

"Where are Zayn and Niall," my mom asks as I try to avoid her by walking up the stairs. She caught me.

"They, as in Niall, a girl named Hannah whom I think Niall really likes, and Zayn, are at the guest house," I say.

"Oh my, Niall has a special someone?" she begins to interrogate. Her light blue eyes furrow together in curiosity as she looks at me expectantly.

My mom was beautiful. She had gorgeous blue eyes that reminded me of a unscathed diamond. Her brown hair resembled chocolate taffy but was as soft as candy floss as it framed her perfectly structured face down to her shoulder. I was nothing like her.

"Yeah, she's cool," I said as I dismissed myself up the stairs and down the hall to my room. I wasn't lying about Hannah, I think that she is pretty cool. I felt bad for being rude, but I just wasn't in the mood for surprises and she was a definite surprise. I pushed open the door to my room and let out a sigh of relief. I love my room.

All my walls were black except one, it was the Union Jack flag. The other walls, the black ones, were covered in pictures of my friends and family, and places I have visited and places I want to go. My bed was against a black wall decorated with a red duvet and blue and white pillows. The intoxicating smell of vanilla and peaches encage me. I had twinkle lights wrapped around my ceiling creating a warm glow. In the corner, next to a window that overlooked some of the Orchard, was a hanging chair where I read. In the center of my flag covered wall was my TV, which I watched way too often.

I walk to my shelf which is on the opposite side of the room next to my "window with a view" and pick up a picture album and take it back to my bed with me. I climb under the covers sitting up cross-legged and flip open the plain black booklet. The very first picture was of me and Harry. Almost instantly tears began to fall. I remember that day, that picture, so vividly. We were at the beach, the wind blowing my blonde hair across my cheekbones as I reached my body up to steal a salty kiss from Harry who was leaning down with as smile as he kissed me back. His dimples were prominent and I remember at one pint, we were happy. Anger and sadness claimed my body and I launched the album at the flagged wall causing a few pictures to fall as I began to sob.

I look at the clock to see how long I have to get ready before dinner. I look and see that I only have thirty minuets. Great. I lay there sobbing. Maybe I should talk to Harry, we could work things out. Maybe I shouldn't, we've been fighting for a year straight, he put his hands on me. As I grow more and more confused, I cry harder and harder. I can't control it. I didn't know how much time had passed until I heard the wheels of a golf cart pull into the driveway. Crap. What time is it? I regretfully lift my head, which felt as heavy as rocks, and find that it is 5:58. Joy, I have two minuets to make it look like I haven't bawled for thirty minuets straight.

I jump out of my bed and rush to the sink in my beautiful bathroom; it's good to be home. I begin to splash my face with cold water and then dry it with a pink washcloth. Hurriedly I take out BB crème from my drawer and apply it. Next I race to my purse where I had left my mascara and grab it running back to my mirror. I quickly brush it against my brown lashes and expand them into a black frame around my blue spheres. I look to my reflection and accept that my face is at it's best. I sprint to my dresser and pull out some Miss Me light wash skinny jeans and shimmy 'em up my small waist.

"Kayley," my mom shouts up the stairs signaling it's time to come down. I ignore her and head for my closet that is placed across from my window in the back corner of my room and retrieve a flowy peach shirt with a v-cut back lined by ruffles. After I select my shirt I grab a skin tone bandeau and slide it on followed by my shirt.

At my house, every night we sit down for dinner without fail. My dad, me, mom, Chance, and our Nanny/Maid. It's a big deal to have quality family time, which I use to hate, but now love. My brother Chance and I get along well even though he is 16 and 'm 21.

I slip on some plain black flip-flops and head down stairs. As I reach the bottom of the steps I look up to see Zayn, Niall, Hannah, and Harry.

What.The.Heck.

"I'm not hungry," I say fast and then bolt out the front door with tears brimming my eyes. Why the heck is HE at my house?

********************************************************************************************

cliff hanger!!

okay well there ya go two chapters in a day. I think that's not to shabby.

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE