1

Chapter 1, Shifted

I wade into the shallow water just before the pain hits. I run out but before I could get into the house I collapse bones breaking and replacing themselves. I whimper and my mouth forms into a snout and my body turns into a bony and scrawny cat-like one. I lay on the ground panting. confused I slowly push myself up. My vision spins and I stumble slightly. "Brat you better get back-!" father begins. then he spots me and I flinch away. "Oh, you are going to get it now!" he snarls.

I'm here to help you! run we are a fox! A voice commands in my head. I make a mad dash and father chases me right on my tail as his wolf. Let me take control! I can get us to safety! The voice whispers. confused I let myself go and the Fox takes over. Sleep. the voice commands. I doze of still quite confused.

I wake up next to a river. I was still in my fox form and I stand up. A-Are you still there? I thought in my mind. silence answers me so I slowly wade into the river. I didn't know how to swim but then I spot a very thin branch fallen over the river. slowly I wade to it and I step on it. it bends very slightly and I slowly make my way frightened if I fall. then, the moon goddess destroying my luck, the branch snaps and I let out a startled squeak.

the water was cold on my fur and skin. I use my claws and I hook onto a branch. I pull myself up and my lower body float behind me as the branch moves quickly. I manage to move my back legs and the branch slides closer to the side I was going to. I keep kicking and once the branch hits the shore I jump off shaking and cold. I trudge forward and I lay down a few feet away. still shivering I allow myself to doze off.

I wake up and I stand. I was still cold but not as bad. trotting forwards searching for a better shelter I go left. I glance around feeling stares on my back so I slow down and I look around. seeing nothing I begin to trot again. glad to be away from the torture and the pack. I spot a butterfly and I jump up trying to catch it. it jerks off and I follow it trying to catch it.

*************************

Alpha, there is a fox cub and a few mountain hares in our territory, shall we hunt? my beta asks. Sure, I'll be right down. I say through mind link. I grab a pair of extra clothes and I shift into my wolf. I grab the clothes in my jaw and I run out. once at the gate I see my beta and up to ten warriors. we trot out beginning our hunt each of us having our own spare clothes. running to the place where the fox cub was traveling we set our clothes into a random small clearing behind separate trees.

*************************

I jump up close to a river and I watch the butterfly fly across. I tilt my head but I turn and trot off next to a large tree and I stretch. relaxing and watching ants walk up and down the tree I sneeze scattering some of them. I stand and I chase a bee out of curiosity. I smack it and it turns and stings me. I squeal in pain running away. I crash through underbrush and snap twigs in my mad dash. Slowing down I shake the stinger out of my pelt and I lay down exhaustion pulling at me. Resting my head on my paws I am lulled to sleep by the birds and faint sound of a river.

OMG! my cat got into a fight and he has about half an inch of a fresh wound!

I'm worried for him, his eyes are slanted and are all teary! any idea what I should do?

Did you enjoy this first part?

If so leave a... comment... no votes if you don't want to I don't want to force anyone to!

Bye and Hope you want more!