Chapter 9

This is a bonus chapter because I posted a short one. I hope you enjoy it! And credits to 'SunnyBane432' my little sissy who got her account closed because she is under the permit of having an account.

Chapter 9

My pack members are alive. Those words kept repeating inside my head. A traitorous tear strolled down my cheek and I looked at Bambi to perceive that she was in the same initial shock as I am in. Hearing those words come from the phone was like a heavy weight that was lifted from my chest. My prayers were heard, thank god, a few of my pack members were still alive. Though we are not as big as we were before, at least some of us were still alive.

“I’m coming home as soon as I can, wait for me” he stated, beginning to walk out of the door. I grabbed his arm and stopped him, pulling him back and making him face me. He stared at me in shock,

“I’m coming with you” I said, simply.

“I am too. You are not going anywhere without me, Danni” she stated, looking at me straight in the eye with her teary ones. She was about to cry. Running over to me, she engulfed me into a tight bear hug and began weeping on my tank top, which I hadn’t change since I got home. My hand began to run over her back, rubbing soothing circles. This initial shock maybe triggered her emotions to come out now.

“What? Why is she crying?” Cynthia asked, standing from her position, still quite having wobbly legs because of her recent hit. Rubbing her forehead, she blinked her eyes a couple of times before steadying herself.

“You’ll know soon” I answered, “Can you take us with you?” I asked as Bambi pulled away and wiped her tears with her thumb, still sobbing.

“Why?” this time, Xenon asked.

“Go now, questions later” I said, pointing at the door while Xenon just sighed and nodded his head slightly. He walked out the door, us trailing behind him. They all embarked on the car while I double locked my front door and ran before them. I opened the door to his Ferrari and Bambi scooted away to give me some room.

We traveled to their pack house, eerie silence filled the car. Nobody asked or talked, maybe because they are in deep thoughts why Bambi and I came with them. Talking about Bambi, she must’ve heard Xenon’s conversation with the man on the phone, the question is, how? Her senses maybe beginning to heighten while she grew… so I guess it’s normal for werewolf puberty (lol).

When we arrived, Xenon lead us through the village. Bambi and I were receiving such look from the strangers all around us, I guess they are wondering why we are here as well. Bambi stuck near me, shy from all of the attention they are paying us. Did they ever know that staring was rude?

Xenon finally opened the front door to their pack house, nudging for us ladies to enter before him first. How kind of him, gentleman indeed. I rolled my eyes at the thought. My gaze immediately dropped to their living room. It was quite large if you asked me. The exterior of their manor was large, but the interior looks larger than I had thought. Trust me, this place is bigger than our pack house, considering the fact that their population is bigger than ours.

The room was filled with weres, their scent are mostly familiar. Others were crying in their mother’s arm, or others stayed quiet while they waited to be attended on. That’s when I realized that this was my pack. Their skins are covered in small gashes, cuts, bruises—they’re obviously hurt. I can’t believe I let this happened. My eyes became teary at their sight, at least they are safe, only a bit hurt.

A menacing growl erupted from my chest and all their gazes directed upon me. I can see the shock that crossed their faces, others were flabbergasted on their sight of me. I can see some tears glistening as they fell on a girl’s cheek, she stood up and spoke,