Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I am sorry if it’s short! I have a very limited time here! So, here ya go!

The next few subjects came by in a flash, because now, it was already lunch time. I was walking down the hallway in silence while humming ‘Song of the Southern Wolves’—the song that I was previously singing on the music and arts subject time—when Cynthia came out of nowhere and began running around like a mad man, squealing and jumping around like she had ants on her jeans. Imagine a girl in her pink paramore shirt, blue skinny jeans and sneakers, running around like being chased by a dog… yes, that absolutely is her. With her short, apple-cut brunette hair bouncing incessantly on her back.

Her high-pitched voice was attracting too much attention, but mostly got me irritated. Covering my ears, I groaned then decided to put her into silence. Clamping my hands over her mouth, she quieted instantly.

“One more scream and I SWEAR! I’m gonna send you to the asylum!” I threatened, finally letting her go. She giggled quietly while a blush crept into her cheeks.

“Sorry” she looked at me with apologetic eyes and giggled once more, covering her flushed cheeks with her hair. “I couldn’t help it”

“What happened?” I asked her, placing a hand carefully on her right shoulder. She looked at me while her blushing intensified, she giggled again, looking down at her shoes.

“Well” she gulped audibly “Luke asked me out!” she blurted, suddenly jumping up and down on her feet while clapping her hands simultaneously.

“Wait—who’s Luke?” my brows rose and I gave her a questioning look. Her blush even got darker as she her eyes brightened up like a thousand fairy lights. “Is he your mate?”

“Yeah…” she scratched her nape and looked down at the floor, while kicking the floor and playing with her fingers concurrently. “Well… he kind of asked me on a date” her blush even intensified when the words escaped her mouth.

“Goodness, Cynthia!” I exclaimed, gasping loudly. “You’re redder than an apple!” I gushed, pointing at her cheeks. She slapped it away playfully and her blush even got darker, making her look like a tomato face. She stomped her right foot and stuck her bottom lip out at me.

“Stop it! You’re ruining the moment” I chortled at her, and she smacked my arm with less force.

“Okay” I cleared my throat and began listening.

“You know… Luke is the boy from the music class earlier… he was the one who partnered up with me” she giggled quietly and I smiled at her, her blush grew fainter every minute. “So… he kind of asked me in a date. He’s going to pick me up later”

“Wait—so, if you’re going to a date later… how are you gonna come over to my house?” I asked, furrowing my brows at her. She stopped for a minute to think and finally… a smile broke into her face, mingling with a mischievous glint upon her eyes. “Cynthia….! What are you planning now?”

“You know… maybe this is fate” she giggled quietly as her face turned back to its normal color.

“What are you saying?” I inquired as we continued to walk on our tracks.

“My brother had never allowed me to go alone on dates… so he ‘always’ attends it with me” she paused, allowing a sigh to escape her mouth. “I never had privacy, Danila! Never in my life!” she threw her hands in the air.

“What are you implying then?” realization struck me like lightning from the sky and I looked at her with wide eyes “Oh! Hell no, you’re not exactly going to-“ she cut me off with her pleading, puppy dog eyes and pouting lips. She had her palms together while facing me.