Wait and Bleed

****Andre's P.O.V****

I look over at Kristoff and shake my head. I'd laugh if i didn't feel like i was dying a slow, painful, hot ass death. Her body was so hot, and not in the way i usually like. I look over at her, studying her still face. She looked like some sort of statue. Every now and then we'd hear a groan or a gasp from either Svetlana or Lorena. Zander tried to crack jokes, saying they're probably sharing a wet dream. Zephyr and i laughed half-heartedly but when i looked up at him, his eyes were glued to Svetlana, full of concern. I turned from him, grabbing my iphone from my backpack and slipping the earbuds in, setting it to shuffle. I chuckled aloud, startling Zephyr and Zander. The first song to play was none other than Ends of the Earth by Lord Huron.

"What the bloody hell, Andre?! You scared the shit out of us!", Zander exclaimed. "Sorry, man. Do you guys remember this song?", i said as i unplugged the earbuds and turned up the volume so they could hear the song. Big grins immediately come over their faces as the recognize the song. "She was hellbent on getting you to like that song!", Zephyr laughed. Zander shook his head as he began to sing it softly," To the ends of the earth will you follow me..." I didn't let off that i saw him looking at Svetlana as he sang. I suppose i never realized that he really liked her.

I sighed, realizing just now how drained i felt. My body seemed to be tired from healing my arm constantly. The fact that i needed to feed was in the forefront of my mind. It made my gums ache. I ran my tongue over them and groaned as i felt my fangs beginning to poke through them. "Hey, either of you guys wanna help me out with a pint or two?", i asked as nonchalantly as i could, smiling charmingly. Zephyr threw a small rock at my forehead," Ew! Either drop them or put them away. You know i hate it when your fangs just kinda poke through. It gives me the jeebz!"

I close my mouth, looking at them expectantly. Zander comes and sits next to me, holding out his arm. "Don't take more than 2 pints, don't make it weird and be quick about it!" I looked up at him waiting for more instructions and he answered me with an expression that said "What the hell are you waiting for?" I nodded, my mouth parting as my fangs drop. I look down at his arm and bite down near his wrist. His blood tasted strange, strong, but different than the blood i was used to. I could feel my body absorb it, making me shudder and groan. "Weird..", he sang and i gave him an apologetic look. After i finished i pulled away slowly, frowning as i ran my tongue over my teeth, wiping the blood on my lips on my sleeve.

I looked up at Zephyr to see a surprised look on his face. My eyes widened as i became nervous, "What? Is there blood on my face?!" Zander busted out in hearty laughter. I'm sure if i could blush, i would look like a damn crayon. Zephyr pointed to face, my hand instantly going to my cheek. "Your eyes are... Turning purple?" I looked at him incredulously. "What?", i said dumbly. He used the screen of his phone as a reflective surface and sure enough i was staring on in a panic as my pale green eyes were turning a strange purplish color.

A soft gasp escaping my lips as i look up, frantically moving my gaze from Zephyr to Zander and back. "Son of bitch... How'd you do that to my eyes?!" Zander looked at me like i was crazy. "So I suppose this hasn't happened before...?", Zephyr said as he peeked around Zander. "Fuck no.. I can't go out like this." I frowned. I felt Zephyr's hand on my forehead as he nudged my head back playfully, snatching his phone back.

"How can you be vain at a time like this?! I had to knock out Kristoff, the girl my brother is in love with is crying black shit, not to mention she looks like she's gone completely fucking mental! And Loki is comatose! You mean to tell me you're worried about your eyes changing pretty colors? You're unbelievable, Andre!", Zephyr exclaimed. I reflected and realized how ridiculous i sounded. "Sorry, Zep. You're right, I'm losing it." I gave his shoulder a pat and he nodded at me. In my peripheral, i saw Lana's hand drop and her body started falling back. Everything that happened next happened fast even for me.

I looked toward Svetlana in time to see Zander cradling her head in his lap. She was hysterical and babbling. Her eyes had returned to their original yellow color, the strange black liquid converting into real tears.

As i listen to Zander and Zephyr try to console her, i feel my hand twitch. My hand..? Lorena's hand twitching. I'm unsure if I've ever felt nauseous but the scream that left Lorena's lips made me want to vomit. I shouted her name over and over but her eyes never opened. Zander had pulled Lana farther away and Zephyr looked torn, standing between us. I hissed as i felt Lorena's hand open, some of my flesh coming off with it. I stood quickly, moving to Zephyr's side. "Get Kris away from her, i don't know what's going on.", i looked down at my hand as it healed, clenching and unclenching my fist. As soon as Zep pulled Kris away from Lorena, i was at her side. I called for her as her screams died down to whimpers and soft groans.

Then nothing.

No groans, no whimpers, just even breathing and the occasional twitch. I went over to Kris when i heard him stir. "What happened?!", he exclaimed as he jumped up, claws at the ready. I patted his shoulder as i stood next to him,"Calm down, killer. She let us go but she's still under. Svetlana is out too but she's still shaken." He pursed his lips as if he was thinking of the right thing to say. "What if she doesn't wake up?", he looked at me cautiously. "She's going to wake up!", Zephyr said in a final tone. I nodded in agreement, my eyes darting back to her still form. "Fine, then what do we do in the mean time?", Kristoff said in an annoyed tone.

"Maybe you can tend to the girls while the rest of us catch up on our beauty sleep." Zander said jokingly as he came to stand with us. We all chuckled except Kris of course. He sent a glare toward Zep, who shrugged sheepishly. "You were gonna shift, man. I'm sure you would've felt bad if you ate us. Plus you thanked me." He frowned as if he had just remembered that. I rolled my eyes and Kristoff looked over at me as if it was the first time he saw me. "What the hell happened to your eyes?!", he asked. I sighed in exasperation. "Zephyr let me drink from him so i could heal and my eyes turned this color."

"Ooo kinky. I knew you two had a little bit more going on in this bromance.", Kris winked at me.

"Fuuuck you!", Zephyr and i exclaimed much to Kristoff and Zander's amusement.

"Kiss your mum with that mouth?", Zander said.

"She's your mum too, dipsh-" Zephyr said before he interrupted by a roar. I had never heard a sound like this. I had also never been so terrified in my life. If i had bowel movements I'm sure i would have shat my pants.

I turned my head slowly to see Lorena on her feet, roaring at the air in front of her. I jumped when i felt Kristoff's hand on my shoulder, his finger to his lips as he signaled to be quiet. I nodded, backing up slowly with him. "She's still asleep.", he whispered. I looked over at her, realizing her eyes were indeed still closed. Zephyr stepped closer to her and called her name. He didn't get a response. He took another step toward her, hands raised, still calling her name. Not even a terrifying banshee wail. She was standing there swaying a bit. I looked over to see Kristoff staring at her intently so i turned my attention back to her. My brows furrowed in surprise and confusion. "Sh... She's like me... And you.. And.. How?", was all i could manage.

Her teeth were still somewhat bared as i looked he over again. Her lateral incisors were pointed like mine, all her canines elongated like Kristoff's right before he shifts. She had small characteristics of every supe i could think of. She stopped swaying and stood up straight, a small gasp coming from her lips. I walk up to her and call to her softly. I silently rejoiced when her head craned to my voice. My face was just inches from hers when i called to her again.

Her eyes began to blink rapidly. I had my hands on either side of her face as i kept calling her name. As soon as it began, the blinking stopped and her eyes opened. A horror-filled gasp left my lips as i dropped to the ground before her, too afraid to move. It was only when Zephyr and Kristoff grabbed me did i realize that i had stopped breathing. We scrambled back away from her, everyone half crouched, ready to run or pounce. Zander had Lana in his arms,"Should i take Lana to safety?" "Don't you move and get us all killed!", Zephyr said in an angry whisper.

She opened her mouth and spoke in a voice that would haunt my every waking moment.

"We are awake."