Last Day of Winter Break

"So its the last day of winter breeeak.", Andre sang as he sat on the ground next to me. "Yup." I said, shrugging as I pick at the grass. I look up expectantly, smiling as the rest of the guys part the hanging branches of the giant weeping willow we hang out under. Andre is a 6'3, muscular yet lean, dirty blonde vampire with the palest green eyes I've ever seen. Zander and Zephyr, hunter demons. Zander is my height and Zephyr is about 2 or 3 inches taller than us. Their muscles make them look kind of bulky. They are both English gingers with purple, tri-pupil eyes. Svetlana is my only female friend. She is average height and curvy, she is about 5'8, with olive tone skin and yellow eyes with vertically slit pupils that come standard with snake demons. Finally there is Kristoff. He stands at a ginormous 6'7, lean muscled, brown eyed brunette werewolf.

     "So what shall we do today?" Zephyr and Zander say in unison, immediately glaring at each other. "Stop that! Christ Zephyr!" Zander exclaimed. Zephyr squared his shoulders and lifted his chin a bit. "I'm bigger and older, when I speak, you shut the hell up!" Zander scoffed at him and rolled his eyes" Ha! By 5 minutes and 2 inches! And what i lack in height, i make up for in length." he says, winking at Lana who rolls her eyes and pretends to gag. His eyebrows raise in mock surprise. "Well i see you're familiar with the procedure. I suppose that's both good and bad.." his eyebrows knit together as if he was in thought. Before i could lift my hands to cover my face i felt a soft breeze and she was in front him. He only had enough time to gasp in surprise and cup his balls before she instead kneed him in his stomach. He got so red i thought steam would shoot of his ears like a damn cartoon. Lana stepped back to appreciate her handy work as the rest of us collectively yelled various curse words and Zander dropped to the ground holding his aching stomach. Zephyr fell into hysterics, falling to the ground, his head in my lap as he laughs loud as all hell, my head on Andre's shoulder and Kris's on my side. Zander grunts, trying to breathe as we all watch him with tears blurring our vision.

       It took us a good 10 minutes to collect ourselves. Zander sits up as Lana sits down on the other side of Zephyr, next to Andre. "Fuck that hurt, Lana! You know i was just kidding." Lana shrugged," I know.. It just felt good to do." Zander frowned, his nose wrinkling making him look a bit childlike, especially with his messy red hair in his narrowing eyes. "Hm.. Dick move." I giggle as everyone else seemed to reflect.

       I look over at Kristoff who seems to be far off in thought. He looks up at me and we lock eyes for the first time all day. Dammit. His irises begin to change from deep brown to a light, luminescent blue quickly and he frowned at me. "You've had another nightmare." he said more to himself than to anyone else but of course everyone heard him. All laughter and conversation ceased. I quickly looked away, instead i payed close attention to my hands in Zephyr's hair. In my peripheral, I can see Zephyr's brows furrow as he reaches up to grab my hands and bring them to rest in his chest causing me to lean so I'm eye to eye with him. "Have you, Loki? Why didn't you call any of us?" I couldn't bear the disappointed look on his face so i turned to glare at Kris who hung his head. "Dammit Kristoff."

       Andre quickly jumped to his defense as usual. "Don't get mad at him, Lorena. Hell, if he doesn't say anything no one would ever know when these dreams plague your mind!" "Exactly! No one would know and i wouldn't have to relive them around the people who are supposed to help me forget my troubles!" I snap. Everyone looked kind of taken aback. Zander rubbed the back of the head, blushing lightly as he mumbles," But what if it brings us closer to finding out what you are, Loki? Wouldn't that be a good thing?" I sigh and look down at Zephyr, wrinkling my nose. "I suppose so." Lana tapped Zephyr's leg signaling for him to move. He got up and sat next Zander. Lana sat in front me, our knees touching. She sighed, shaking her hands out and rolling her neck. "You know the drill, love." I held onto Andre and Kris' hands for dear life but slowed my breathing. "Ready?" "Nope." "Good lets do it." She took a deep breath and put a hand on my forehead... The last thing i saw was her eyes going black... Well that was new. Then i was out, she was in my mind, in my dream. I was somewhere in limbo as i like to call it. There's only room for one of us. There was something unsettling about it this time. I could still feel my body...

 What the hell? Someone's shaking me...

 That's fucking dangerous!

 This process isn't supposed to be stopped like that! They're gonna turn me into a damn vegetable.