Beyond the Veil

I push through the veil and immediately regret my decision. Dammit, should've stayed in limbo. I look up to see that I'm standing in a living room of the Victorian house in my nightmares.

I see Lana standing in the corner with her face in her hands, muttering something to herself. She looked hysterical. "Lana!", i half yelled half whispered. I quickly look around to see if there was anyone else in the room.

"Svetlana!" I say again.

Nothing. I move quickly and as quietly as possible as i cross the room to her. I put my arm around her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her shaking frame. She just shook even harder, her mutterings becoming faster. It was eerie. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up. The situation was making me panic.

"Lana, i don't know what the hell is going on with you but you have to get your shit together. You have to get us the fuck out of here before she shows up!", i say in hushed urgency. I grab her wrists and pry her hands from her face.

I gasp in horror at the sight, quickly falling back and pushing myself away from her. In doing so, i managed to knock over an expensive looking vase. Her eyes were the two black pools i saw before i lost consciousness but now this black liquid was leaking from it, down her cheeks.

"Svetlana?", i whisper. Her hands tremble as she looks down at them like she's never seen them before. "Svetlana, we have to leave before-". I caught her scent a second before i heard her sickly sweet voice.

"Before what?"

I cringed, and began moving towards Lana while angling my body so my back is against the wall. I grabbed Lana, her mutterings becoming faster and louder as i shoved into the corner, behind me. I grabbed the poker by the fireplace and got into a protective crouch, my eyes darting around the room frantically.

"Where the fuck are you, bitch?", i mumble to myself as i continue to look around the room. I try to listen for her breathing or movements but I can't hear much over Svetlana freaking out.

"Svetlana, i know you're going through some shit what with your eyes being the way they are, but I'm gonna need you to either pull it together and stay with me or shut the fuck up!", i yell over her. She choose to quiet down a bit which wasn't one of the given options but still helpful.

I perked up when i heard creeks coming from upstairs. "Lana, did you hear that?" I whispered urgently. All i got was more incoherent rambling. My eyes quickly snapped to the stairs across the main hall when i heard someone descending them. My stomach began to churn and my skin began to crawl as i heard a pixie like giggling coming from that direction.

Lana started going ballistic and i quickly clapped my hand over her mouth. It was then that i realized that there was no more movement or disembodied giggling. I felt like all the blood in my head went straight to my feet as my eyes darted about the room, fireplace poker at the ready. I would be damned if i died inside my own head.

"Lana, look at me. Shut the hell up and get us the fuck out of here. She is gonna kill us. We have to leave right now!"

I felt like i was gonna jump right out of my skin when a soft breeze caressed my neck. I turned around slowly and came face to face with Her.

Antoinette.

Fuck.