:1: Moron

All that could be seen were sapphire eyes in those dark, dark bristles. Men with spears passed it, their eyes peeled for anything suspicious. The eyes narrowed and watched as they obliviously went by, and a spark in those eyes showed a grin. And then, they were gone.

Sapphire eyes reappeared once the bell rang. The boy they belonged to darted into the school doors, barely showing even a smear of a shadow when entering. Once he was in the halls, however, his features became seeable. Brown spiked hair, bright blue eyes, and vacant expression just like most of the others. Many other pairs of eyes seemed to appear as well once the bell rang, and they each paired up, chuckling a bit to each other at their cleverness.

“Well?” A dark brown pair cooed to the sapphire ones. “Anyone get caught or what?”

The sapphire ones looked away, not amused. “We already know of the one at the beginning of class. That Johnson fellow. Moron.”

The brown pair laughed heartily. “Yeah, he never gets away, does he?” Sapphire eyes didn't move Sighing, he shook his head. “And I think I heard of Lesley getting caught in the courtyard, didn’t have enough cover or something and got spotted. Heard he got whipped and sent to class. Hilarious.” The brown pair laughed aloud, as if just making a joke of the highest caliber. He turned to the sapphire eyes once more. Still no response yet. “What about you, Dark?” he whispered, “'ve you ever gotten caught?”

Dark turned to the boy with irritation and sighed. “Look, Kingsley, is it? Obviously you haven’t gotten the memo, but we don’t make friends around here. I assume that’s what you’re doing.”

Kingsley shrugged, trying to bring a smile to his face. “Well, I mean, what else is there to do? You seemed like a decent guy, so I thought I’d try-”

“Knock it off,” Dark quickly retaliated. “You’re getting on my nerves.” And he was up the hallway in a moment.

People around Kingsley laughed and punched his arm, shaking their heads. “Moron,” they whispered. Kingsley just looked around silently and kept walking, head down.

“So?” The air at the table was still as usual, children only whispering in the sound of crunching and munching. “Heard you got approached by the new kid.”

Dark shrugged, picking the stones and needles out of his mashed potatoes. “I don’t understand how he’s still alive. He’s the dullest boy I’ve ever met. And he's got the bones of a starved hyena.”

The boy next to him shrugged, still trying to test his milk for poisoning by sticking a worm in it. “Well, don’t forget the girl in the class ahead of us. She always used to seem fragile until they put her in the ring with that upperclassman. She ripped him apart.”

Dark shrugged. “I guess.” He finally got his potatoes edible enough to eat and stuffed them into his mouth. Today was Friday, the day of spoiling. It wasn't too bad anymore, figuring out which food was the bad one, and everyone definately preferred Fridays. Dark almost shivered at the thought of Mondays. But he kept his calm, eyes on his food. Sighing with boredom, a slight commotion arose at the other end of the room where the younger kids were. Over in the third grade section, a girl had fallen backwards from her seat. A just opened carton of milk was spilled next to her on the ground, and she clawed at her throat with shaking arms. Her mouth began foaming, and after a few moments of her body convulsing, she became still. The scene made a few younger children scream, but it didn’t catch the attention of the rest of the room for long. The older the kids got, the quicker they looked back to their trays, and Dark and the boy next to him went back to their plates in only a few seconds, Dark fiddling with his mashed potatoes. He sighed heavily. Nothing ever happened around here.