:13: The Queen

In the bowels of the castle, behind rows of extravagant marble pillars and ivory embellishments, a throne perched high above its audience. It was a large, lounging high-back with a rich ruby shawl thrown over the whole, dripping off the sides in a cascade of burgundy. To get to it, one had to trek up a nearly vertical set of stairs.

Fair skin, long lashes, crimson lips. Her hair burned down, falling over her shoulders wave after wave, curl after curl. The emeralds that hid behind the light, sultry film on her eyes pierced into the boy as he entered the room.

Dark could feel the fabric of his pants dragging on the floor, trailing behind him like chains behind a prisoner. He could also feel the moment when the Queen's eyes locked on him, intently looking his person over as if searching for something. He could see, even from so far away, her dark lips curl up slightly and her eyes flash in the same way Ace's did.

"Thank you, Ace. That will be all." Her voice was a bell, cutting through the deafening silence of the room. Dark heard the large doors behind him open and close, and he and Queen were alone. Dark held his breath as she returned her attention to him. Her voice purred. "Come here, little one."

Dark nervously shuffled his feet, suddenly overcome with an overwhelming feeling of anxiety and bashfulness. Looking up a her on her perch, he slowly made his way up the stairs, feeling by the end the need to use his hands and climbing on all fours. Getting to the top was like emerging from water, a thick relief and sudden realization of his surroundings.

He was face to face with her crossed legs, showing off milky skin. He stared with a slight open mouth. He blushed abruptly and shot his eyes up to her face, even more embarrassed now. Her smile was still sweet, laced across her face in the most lovely way. "Hello." Even her voice made him flustered. She seemed the most perfect thing in existence.

Dark's heart raced as he noticed he was staring and he stumbled up. "H-hullo." He blushed even more as he stammered and heard his own awkward, high voice.

It only made her giggle, and she covered her perfect lips with a few dainty fingers. She then summoned him with one delicate hand, flawlessly motioning him to stand and come to his side. At the hesitation he held, she giggled once more. "You need not be afraid, child."

At her assessment of him, Dark suddenly snapped out of it. He understood, as he heard the honey in her voice when she said 'child', exactly what was happening. He frowned stubbornly and stood, puffing his chest out proudly. "I'm not here for this."

She seemed confused, turning her head lightly. "Oh?"

He blushed and looked away, shaking his head. "My name is Lel Darkpeter."

The Queen's eyes changed a bit, flashing just as earlier. Dark looked up to her, and she seemed... excited. She smiled softly after a moment, cooing, "Lel."

He flinched, as first names were traditionally off limits to anything outside of intimacy.

"Malifecent's boy."

Again, he flinched a bit and locked eyes with her. That look again! Her eyes seemed to flash over and over again, as if trying to wrap his mind into hypnosis. He nodded lightly, feeling that flush come to his cheeks again.

As the Queen held out her hand for him, he was compelled to obey and come. She put a hand on his cheek and her lips curled in that beautiful manner. "Did you know that she has a debt with me?"

He stiffened, taking in the Queen's sweet scent as she made him lean in. He eventually found the strength to shake his head, though his voice was gone.

She giggled and leaned closer to him, pulling him closer as well. "You're willing to pay it, aren't you?"

The words rang in Dark's head. Pay it for her? Why not? He was about to nod, but his real mind processed the words and he flinched, pulling back. Wait, no! Absolutely not! The Queen looked at him strangely, but he couldn't--he just couldn't.