Chapter 12

"A Little Alone Time"

Dylan’s POV:

            I was more nervous now than I had ever been in my life. Hannah was taking me out today. She wanted to hang out just me and her. When she said that it was just as friends it made me a little sad but it was better than nothing. She didn’t ask Michael to hang out alone, I thought smugly.

            I was being extra careful with what I chose to wear. She didn’t tell me where we were going but I wanted to look good. I had clothes thrown all over my bed and I was just looking down at the mess. I was such a girl! With a sigh I sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands.

            One girl should not mean this much. One girl should not turn me into a stuttering mess. I knew I already cared way more for her than she did for me. She had the potential to completely break my heart. I hated to think about her doing that, but I knew that it was a very real possibility.

            Finally with a sigh I stood up and looked back down at the clothes. I still had no idea what to wear. I looked over at my phone and debated with myself before picking it up and calling someone I knew could help.

            “Hello,” Jared said from the other side.

            “What should I wear out,” I asked him.

            “Out where,” he asked.

            “I don’t know. Just out. Something that would make me look nice,” I said with a groan as I sat back down.

            “Dark jeans and a button up,” he said after thinking about it a minute. “Now who are you going out with and why do you need to look nice?”

            “Hannah,” I said as I looked through the clothes for a pair of jeans and a button up. I finally found a black button up and put it aside.

            “Like a date,” Jared practically yelled in my ear.

            “No. As friends. She wants to hang out just me and her,” I said as I finally found my jeans.

            “It’s better than nothing,” he said. I could practically hear the grin in his voice.

            “You’re right. I have to get dressed. See you later dude,” I said as I hung up.

            I pulled on the jeans and snapped them before pulling on my shirt. I buttoned it up and rolled up the sleeves to my elbows. When I looked in the mirror I smiled. I looked pretty good. I slid my shoes on and sprayed some cologne on before grabbing my stuff and walking out of my room. I went to the room next door and knocked. After a minute the door swung open and I swallowed my tongue.

            She was more beautiful than I had ever seen her. She was wearing a dress that reached her knees and was loose once it hit her hips. It was a light blue color that brought out her eyes. Her hair was loose and for once she didn’t have any make-up on. And I honestly think that’s what made her the most beautiful.

            “I’m almost done. I just need to do my make-up,” she said with a smile

            “Don’t put any on,” I said as I stared at her.