Chapter 3

"A Favor"

Hannah’s POV:

            I woke up the next morning and jumped up to get ready. I didn’t want to admit how excited I was to see Dylan again. I almost didn’t want to leave him yesterday. I pulled on my jeans and a light blue tank top before grabbing my brush and pulling it through my hair. I pulled it up into a messy bun at the top of my head. I grabbed my light blue Chucks and pulled them on before grabbing my bag and my phone and leaving.

            I walked down the stairs and turned on my security system. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I walked over to my car and got in to head to the hospital. I couldn’t believe that Dylan wanted me to come back today. I was expecting him to not want anything to do with me.

            I pulled into the hospital parking lot and got out to head in. I walked in and was almost to the elevator when the woman at the desk stopped me.

            “Are you Hannah Murphy,” she asked.

            “Yes,” I said curiously.

            “Dylan Thomas got moved to the third floor. He wanted me to make sure that you knew that,” she said with a laugh.

            “Oh. Thank you,” I said with a smile.

            “You’re welcome,” she said as she turned back to her computer.

            I got on the elevator and hit the button for the third floor. After a few minutes the elevator stopped and I climbed out. I walked over to the desk on that floor and waited for the woman to look up at me.

            “Can I help you,” she asked me.

            “I want to know where Dylan Thomas’s room is,” I said.

            “Room 306,” she said with a smile.

            “Thank you,” I said as I walked away. I found his room and knocked before slowly opening the door. Dylan was sitting up in his bed watching TV with Jared. Jared was slouched down in a chair laughing at something.

            “Hannah,” Dylan said with a smile as he sat up straighter.

            “Hey,” I said as I came further into the room.

            “I’m glad you’re here. Now I can go get some breakfast,” Jared said as he got up and walked out.

            “He seemed eager to get out of here,” I said as I walked over to sit in the chair beside his bed.

            “I think I was annoying him,” he told me with a shrug.

            “You shouldn’t do that,” I said with a laugh. “Are you feeling better?”

            “Yeah,” he said nodding.     

            “Good. How long do you have in here,” I asked him.