Fighting For Love

"The Fights"

        I got out of the car and looked around. It was packed as usual. There were always a lot of people here but I think that’s one of the main reasons I love it. We were at the street fights. We came at least once a week. Something about this place kept bringing us back.

            “I love this place,” Wes told me as he came up beside me.

            “Me to. Does that make us weird,” I asked him as I slid my arm through his.

            “Nah,” he said with a laugh as we walked further into the crowd.

            “Are you betting tonight,” I asked him.

            “No. That shit is dangerous,” he said with a frown.

            “Oh I know,” I told him with a shudder as I looked over at the low lives surrounding the betting booths.

            “Do you think Dylan is fighting tonight,” Wes asked me.

            “I don’t know,” I said as I blushed. Wes knew that I came most of the time just to see Dylan. Not that Dylan even knew who I was.

            “You didn’t stalk him today,” he asked in a fake shocked way. He loved to tease me about Dylan.

            “Shut up. You know I don’t stalk him,” I said as I pushed him.

            “I know. Why don’t you just go up and talk to him,” he asked me.

            “Because he likes girls like that,” I said with a sigh as I spotted Dylan. He was standing in the corner surrounded by model looking girls.

            “You don’t know that,” Wes said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

            “It’s ok. I get that I won’t ever have him,” I said with a sigh.

            “You don’t know that either. I just wish that you would have more confidence in yourself,” Wes said with a sigh.

            “I know that I’m a great person. I’m just not beautiful,” I said with a shrug.

            “You’re beautiful to me,” he said as he hugged me.

            “Why can’t you be straight,” I asked into his shoulder.

            “Because men are so fine,” he said with a laugh as he pulled away to pull me over to the fight area.

            “True,” I said as I looked over my shoulder at Dylan once again. This time though our eyes connected and I whipped my head around.

            “What’s wrong,” Wes asked when he saw my face.

            “I went to look at Dylan and he saw me,” I said as I felt my face heat up.