7. Still A Friend...or more?

"I knew you'd be here..." "Ryan. You just can't come here without calling or anything!" Behind his back were the most beautiful flowers Mia had ever seen. "Here, these are for you. I just wanted to let you know that I still have feelings for you. I won't give up. And I wanted to let you know that I still want to be there for you. Mia, I'll never stop being your best friend. EVER." Mia had tears forming in her eyes. They hugged. "Awww...Thank you, Ry." (Ryan's POV) I was so happy that Mia accepted me back into her life, again. I wanted us to be together again. And if not that then at least be there for her when Shane wasn't.

Mia invited Ryan in. Which was when he noticed dried up tears on her face. But it looked like the tears had came from earlier. Not when he was there. "Mia...have you been crying? What happened?" Mia hesitated, then told him what happened weeks ago and how her and Shane were becoming a little distant. Ryan understood. After that, him and Mia were hanging out more often.

Another week has passed...

At school Rachel always tried talking to Shane about the kissing incident, but failed. Shane felt bad but knew it wasn't exactly the right time. (Shane's POV) Mia still isn't talking to me. It's almost like we broke up. Okay I've messed up bad. Just by the tiniest moves it seems, it affects everyone including me. Her and Ryan are hanging out again which is making it even worse for me...

"Hey Mia. Can we talk?..Please?" She nodded and said hold on to her friends.

"What." "Mia, I KNOW you've been avoiding me..." "Well, I was just thinking that maybe you needed some space..after not kissing me. I could tell SOMETHING was bothering you. But maybe I just wasn't the right girl for you..The right girl...like who you can tell everything to. You know it's true." Mia wasn't facing him anymore. She just started walking away. "Mia! No, it's just-" "Just WHAT, Shane?" "I-I can't-" "WHAT? You can't WHAT Shane? You can't tell me? Fine. Just do whatever. Wait. Maybe I'm just not good enough..? Is that it? Huh?" People were staring now, then something made it worse. RACHEL. She walked over to Shane. Mia saw. She didn't know what to think anymore. Was it RACHEL? What's going on? Mia slapped Shane, and walked over to Claire and Sarah and asked if they could walk home with her. They nodded and left. (Shane's POV) That hurt more than it should have...Shane went inside the building, to the principal's office. "Can you call my grandmother? Hurry. Tell her

to come

get me. Hurry." The secretary did as she was told, as she saw the angry look on Shane's face. Flora rushed through the door, "Dear boy, what's wrong?" "Please. Just take me home." Flora stood there but after 5 minutes total she nodded and they left.