Chapter Seven: Raymond, Riall and Warrick, Revealed

This work, A Scientific Rejection, is copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. This includes all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders). Any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. Any associated links, videos or photographs are not the property of the author, and no assertion of copyright or ownership is made or intended.

__________________________________________________________

Chapter Seven: Raymond, Riall and Warrick, Revealed

*Note* For those of you who are not acquainted with the bonus, for fans only chapter four (A), The Beast In Control (under eighteen and non-erotica lovers, stay away), Niall again appears in this chapter. This is Raymond’s wolf, and a more primal portion of his persona. This chapter references Candace’s acceptance of Niall. During her heat, she finally faced her fear of him, after more than seven hundred years as his mate. She now loves and accepts him as her mate, just as Raymond is her mate, because his wolf is not a distinct soul. Rather, he is another, less controlled, aspect of his personality. Think of him as a more pure version of Raymond, possessing neither the stomach for social niceties nor the patience for political posturing. Now, on to the chapter.

Mungo Pack House

               The lone figure, approaching under the cover of night, went unchallenged by the watchful sentries guarding the home of the Royal Family as he strode boldly up the stairs towards the main entrance to the home. He went through the electronic security measures, providing the proper credentials, before the magnetic lock on the front door released, granting him entrance.

          Warrick made his way quietly through the darkened house, walking silently up the stairs and into his room. After five days away, sleeping in his rooms in the Palace throughout his mother’s heat, he was craving the comfort of his own bed. He went into the bathroom, taking a brief shower and brushing his teeth before again opening the door to his bedroom. The last thing he expected to see when he walked inside was his father, sitting on the couch. Tension filled the room, both men recalling the disharmony that characterized the end of their last conversation.

          Warrick closed his eyes, shaking his head briefly. He was not in the mood for this, right now. He sighed, praying for patience. “Dad….”

          “It’s not what you’re thinking, Son. I’m not here to lecture you,” Raymond assured him, softly.

          He nodded his head wearily, looking at the inviting bed with longing.

          “This won’t take but a few minutes. I, uh, took the liberty of making us a snack,” Raymond stated awkwardly, nodding his head toward the covered tray lying on the low table in front of him.

          Just then, Warrick’s stomach gave a low rumble of approval at the scent of meat emanating from the tray. Both men chuckled softly, the last of their previous tension dissipating with their shared laughter. Warrick flopped down into a chair across from his father and reached for the cover, his eyes lighting up as he observed that Raymond had taken the time to make his favorite midnight snack: A toasted submarine sandwich piled high with thin slices of slow roasted beef, melted cheese and peppers, and dripping with oil, vinegar and sauce. A pile of chips and roasted vegetables completed the main course, accompanied by several cold bottles of beer to help wash it all down. He looked quizzically at Raymond, surprised at the vegetables.

          Laughing, the older man reassured his son, “Don’t blame me. They were your mother’s idea. I did manage to sneak a bit of this, however.” With that, he revealed a second tray, replete with two dozen hot chocolate chip cookies and two glasses of cold milk.